Favorite Guitarists?

Started by scurry57, May 11, 2009, 10:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

we did'nt mention Dimebag Darrel. Not the best, but that guy knew how to write a riff.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on May 13, 2009, 06:42:51 AM
we did'nt mention Dimebag Darrel. Not the best, but that guy knew how to write a riff.

I actually met Dime at a place called Guitars and Cadillacs. He was hanging with David Allan Coe. A guy that worked as our lot porter was a roadie for David and got us tickets. We were hanging at the bar and I said "That guy over there looks like Dime from Pantera". Later in David's set, he went up on stage and played with David for a few songs, and went back down into the crowd. I saw him at a corner table with a bunch of people, so I went up and introduced myself. He identified himself as Darrell Abbott. I told Dime I was a huge fan of Pantera. I told him I was shocked to see him there, and that I saw Pantera at the Shrine Mosque in Springfield and "my ears are still ringing from the show a year later". He laughed. He said he was good friends with David, and goes and plays and parties a few times with him when he goes out. He gave me a guitar pic, which I still have to this day. He was extremely nice.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Cool story. Bummer News when he died.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Hefe

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 12, 2009, 10:40:51 AM
Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Kirk Hammett, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Mick Mars, Randy Rhodes, and the list goes on and on......these are just some of my favorites.

~Brian

all GREAT!
I'd like to add Ace Frehley, & Bruce Kulic
Bruce is very talented
Played with everyone from Lita Ford, to Meatloaf, Kiss, Billy Squier, even Michael Bolton... ughhh..and is currently with Grand Funk Railroad

Ace is just an Icon.. needs an honorable mention

Flynbyu

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on May 13, 2009, 09:37:22 AM
Cool story. Bummer News when he died.

Very tragic. His brother saw him get shot in the head point blank.

I couldn't imagine seeing something like that.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Hefe on May 13, 2009, 09:43:00 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on May 12, 2009, 10:40:51 AM
Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Kirk Hammett, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Mick Mars, Randy Rhodes, and the list goes on and on......these are just some of my favorites.

~Brian

all GREAT!
I'd like to add Ace Frehley, & Bruce Kulic
Bruce is very talented
Played with everyone from Lita Ford, to Meatloaf, Kiss, Billy Squier, even Michael Bolton... ughhh..and is currently with Grand Funk Railroad

Ace is just an Icon.. needs an honorable mention

Oh yeah, Ace is up there. Ace was a showman! I failed to mention Angus Young and Keith Richards too. How many senior citizens do you know still bouncing all over the stage?

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Don't want to see them thanks. Mick Mars from Motley Crue looks like he is dead already, same for Keith richards. :lol:

Flynbyu

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on May 13, 2009, 10:16:12 AM
Don't want to see them thanks. Mick Mars from Motley Crue looks like he is dead already, same for Keith richards. :lol:

Keith would be a great customer for you Peels! Keith has some smoking hot ass daughters too.

Mick is looking really bad lately. His harmonies on Girls, Girls, Girls and  Dr. Feelgood where awesome.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Hefe

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 13, 2009, 09:46:02 AM

Oh yeah, Ace is up there. Ace was a showman! I failed to mention Angus Young and Keith Richards too. How many senior citizens do you know still bouncing all over the stage?

~Brian

yea... Ace is a bit old..
but still tearing it up!

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Sand84

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 13, 2009, 09:36:14 AM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on May 13, 2009, 06:42:51 AM

I actually met Dime at a place called Guitars and Cadillacs. He was hanging with David Allan Coe. A guy that worked as our lot porter was a roadie for David and got us tickets. We were hanging at the bar and I said "That guy over there looks like Dime from Pantera". Later in David's set, he went up on stage and played with David for a few songs, and went back down into the crowd. I saw him at a corner table with a bunch of people, so I went up and introduced myself. He identified himself as Darrell Abbott. I told Dime I was a huge fan of Pantera. I told him I was shocked to see him there, and that I saw Pantera at the Shrine Mosque in Springfield and "my ears are still ringing from the show a year later". He laughed. He said he was good friends with David, and goes and plays and parties a few times with him when he goes out. He gave me a guitar pic, which I still have to this day. He was extremely nice.

~Brian

Thats Awesome Brian :thumbs:   Back in the day thats all i would listen to is Pantera now stop everyday.. They fucking Rocked...
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Flynbyu

I was shocked. Guitars and Cadillacs was located just outside of Branson, MO. It is no longer in business...I saw a people there. The Fabulous Thunderbirds, David Allan Coe, and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. All in the late 90's.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

David Allan Coe rules :lol: supermullet!

"I was drunk.... the day my Mom... got outta prison"  :rofl:  :lol:

The perfect country western song.

Has to sing about Momma, trains, trucks, rain, and gettin drunk.  :lol:

Flynbyu

Dime and him would party together, that's how I got to meet Dime. He was at a DAC show. My lot porter was an old Coe roadie.....we got right in.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum