Looking at a used 2007 Raptor - Questions

Started by Lankness, May 07, 2009, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lankness

I'm going to look at an 07 Raptor tonight and was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on specifics to look for? I know the usual stuff of checking the fluids, air filter, plug, etc. to get an idea if it has been maintained, just curious if there is anything else I should watch out for on the Raptor.

Are there any major defects or concerns with an 07? (I haven't found any, but I suck at searching the forums). This one isn't an SE, although I'm not sure if that is much more than special graphics/colors. It is just the gray/red schemed 700.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks.

Colorado700R

The major differences between the 07R and the 07SEs is the front shocks.  The SE's had much better front shocks on them. 

There are no major defects to the 07 model year (mine is an 07R).  I would add a good inspection of the frame and subframe of the quad to look for cracks and brakes. Flip the quad up on the rear grab bar and look under and around the skid plates.

Also, finding nuetral on these quads can be tricky sometimes, so don't let that make you think there's a problem.

Aaron

Lankness

Cool - thanks for the info.  Had a couple of others mention the shocks, but I figure that I'll be needing to revalve/replace either way (I'm 6'3", 230lbs).  My main concern is just making sure I don't fall into a money pit by missing something that I should have been able to see/catch.

Thanks again.

Colorado700R

IF you need replacement stock 07 fronts (AKA pogo sticks) I got some in my garage, let me know ;)

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Like Colorado said.

07' they got their stuff together, not that there was anything MAJOR wrong w/ the 06's just a stupid bullet connector for the fan that wasn't pushed in all the way.

A good tell on how "used" the quad was is checking the rear grab bar. if they get stuck in the dirt at all, they bend like butter. Look for bends there. Other than that. It sounds like you got all your ducks in a row. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Yep, only real diff is shocks, the rest is superficial.

But not superficial to me. I love my SE2.  :lol:

Other stuff, wiggle the axle, checking for play. Bounce quad up and down listening for grinding or creaking from joints. pull clutch in and and out a few times while idling too. Listen for crunching. :lol:

Plus the other stuff these guys are saying.  :thumbs:

welcome to the best site for Raptor info.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"