Ever been chased by the cops?

Started by Livingmylife93, May 05, 2009, 05:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

Ever been chased by the cops on a fourwheeler?

I'm not going to tell stories just yet, because i know there is alot of mixed feeling that will come out.

So start with a yes or no, then if you dont give a sh*t about what people think, fire away  8)

socalrappy700

No I haven't.  And I'll bite my tongue....for now.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Danny T

i don't have the balls too, although if i was on a motorcycle i probably would run depending on my speeds   8)

scurry57

yes...on a stock 06' 700 raptor back in 06'

2008 yamaha 700r raptor
HMF exhaust full system
pcIII
rock nerfs
velocity intake
airbox lid removed
custom made grab bar (by warren)
(soon to be) hc2

Peelz

Yep. Wife and I were riding...she says "hey, wanna go ride down the ditch to the gravel?" "Sure, let's go"
well i wait for her to get her gear on, impatiently, then say "f**k it!", and go full throttle down the road. I hit rev limiter just as Lady SHerrif Deputy crests the hill.  :help: First time I ever did that. I turn around ride down in the ditch and act like nothing is going on. She pulls up, following me slowly, then rolls down the window. "you know you have to stay 5 feet away from the road!"  I say yeah. She says "if you know, why are not obeying?" Busted. LOL She drove off.  :thumbs:

Second time, Myself, my friend riding my Prairie, and My bro on his rancher were cruising the backroads, I got low on gas. we had left from my parents house, but we were pretty close to my house in the next town. So home we went. Some douchebag hater in a trailer park we drove by called the  5-0. We saw him stalking us while we were hanging out in my back yard. Cop rolls up, gets out, walks into my yard. Says "you know you can't do that" I say "wasn't us" lol "really...the complaint said a blue quad (my 660) a whit quad (prairie) and red quad (rancher)." Our quads are sitting there,  I say "nope, not us, we will keep our eyes open though" :lol:

He was cool...no longer an officer here, replaced by the useless waste of space we have now.  :mad:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

disco

Nope.  Of course, if I stop, I expect him to reciprocate by giving me a warning and not a ticket.  :lol:

But oh man, the stories from my less law-abiding friends....

mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Colorado700R

Unfortunately Yes,
I think we've all had our "less than wise" moments, the important take away I got is that my actions could eventually impact the rest of your riding oppertunitys.  Made my mistakes long ago, and won't go back to those ways.

Aaron

preddy08

On my quad only once, because I was with a buddy that had a warrent out for his arrest :lol: We were riding back to his house on quads and a po po turned the corner. I notice him and looked to see what my buddy was going to do.....LOL he was already headed the other way. So I followed suit.

Street bikes, thats a whole nother story. Cops dont even bother with street bikes anymore.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on May 06, 2009, 08:48:20 AM
On my quad only once, because I was with a buddy that had a warrent out for his arrest :lol: We were riding back to his house on quads and a po po turned the corner. I notice him and looked to see what my buddy was going to do.....LOL he was already headed the other way. So I followed suit.

Street bikes, thats a whole nother story. Cops dont even bother with street bikes anymore.

LOL!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Out Back Welding

never ran...never had to run...

i have been warned though, riding on other peoples land(woods).

didnt use to be that way, used to be if it was just woods, it was okay to ride...

nowadays, i make sure i dont ride in peoples land(without permission), pick up any trash if any..so on, dont want to make a already rediculous problem(nowhere to ride) even worse :thumbs:

Warren

i have been stopped 2 times on my old quad. i stopped in hopes of getting a warning not a ticket like disco said. and those times it worked.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Livingmylife93

Ill keep it at "I've never stopped"  :thumbs:

scurry57

yea so my friend bought a new 700 raptor in 06' and he was working for cleary building corporation at the time. which basically all they did was build sheds by day and get hammered at night. well he lost his license for speeding so he rode his quad to work. well they went out after work and got way too drunk so he called me and asked me to ride it home for him so he didnt wreck it. i told him i would and it was about 10pm and 45 degrees out and i had like 5 miles to ride. well i decided to just take the highway out of town to get back faster and as i was leaving town all the cars coming at me were pullin over i thought they just saw me comin a didnt want to hit me then i turned around a looked and saw a dodge charger with its lights on right on my ass. i thought about stoppin right there but then i realized he'd been behind me for a while and ill prolly get a ticket so thats when i hammered down and turned north. i dunno how fast the stock raptors are but that charger was way faster. once i realized that i just pulled into the downed beanfield turned my lights off and hauled ass. it was crazy. he was the police chief of our town and somehow he knew it was me even though hes never seen the quad or me on it. his kid called me like 20 minutes later and was like dude my dads looking for you what did you do. i later found out he was really mad other then the fact i was speedin through town and he was gonna tell me to slow it down.

2008 yamaha 700r raptor
HMF exhaust full system
pcIII
rock nerfs
velocity intake
airbox lid removed
custom made grab bar (by warren)
(soon to be) hc2

Krandall

I've only seen people run from the cops on a quad, a few years ago through my local home town, this guy was cuttin through peoples yards and everything, 3 cops had no chance.

*DISCLAIMER*
We at raptorsource to not support the running away from cops on quads. If you so decide to do it. ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on May 07, 2009, 08:24:05 AM
I've only seen people run from the cops on a quad, a few years ago through my local home town, this guy was cuttin through peoples yards and everything, 3 cops had no chance.

*DISCLAIMER*
We at raptorsource to not support the running away from cops on quads. If you so decide to do it. ;)

Bull$hit! when I get caught, I will point at my RS stickers, abd say "Randy told me it was OK" :lol: