Part it or what's it worth

Started by socalrappy700, May 01, 2009, 02:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

Ok, so I had the most fun I've had in a long time yesterday.  My friend came over to my parents with his rhino that has the extended roll cage and rear seats.  I took Owen (15mo old son) out for a ride and he was having the time of his life.  I have to say that rhino was as much fun as my quad (don't hate me).  We went with a group of about 8 rhinos and went for a 40 mile ride, Owen lasted the whole ride....perma grin.  I was just thinking it would be nice to have a rhino for when the kids are younger and when they can handle their own bigger quad go back to quads.  Just something I was thinking about on the ride yesterday.

That being said what would get me the most money out of my quad, selling it or parting it?  Most of you know what I have and if not here is the list...maybe missing a few things.

07 Special edition 2
kenz 727
kenz 12.5:1 piston
kenz custom grind cam
kenz P&P
KDS +2 throttle body
KDS valve
Pro Design with K&N
Polished Barker duals
PCIII
GYTR nerfs
GYTR heal guards
GYTR front and rear grab bar
Houser +2 Sli-cast long travel A-arms
Motowoz triple rate shocks
SLC ladder +2 arm (not in pic)
ModQuad Billet baring carrier
Wiggs style racing rear shock
OMB beadlocks
Maxxis Razr 2's
Trail tech clamp
Trail tech x-bars
ASV levers
Spider grips
Custom Jet trim seat (not in pic)

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Parting out at least the suspension will yield alot of dough that you won't see if selling outright.

Damn that quad is sick looking. I will miss it. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

I'll take that rear shock off your hands  :clap: :clap:

I already gave you my advise.. the easiest of course is to sell it as a whole. but you'll make a CRAP TON more parting the sucker out. Pulling the head, Piston, and jug off swapping it onto the rhino :batman:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dabigbratj

part it for sure would make you more money i would by the swinger lol :clap: will miss it though :(
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on May 01, 2009, 03:00:42 PM
I'll take that rear shock off your hands  :clap: :clap:

I already gave you my advise.. the easiest of course is to sell it as a whole. but you'll make a CRAP TON more parting the sucker out. Pulling the head, Piston, and jug off swapping it onto the rhino :batman:

Internals are 100% interchangeable? Nice!!!!!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

r00st

I would be def interested in the wheels/tires and swinger (If Jake doesnt want it).

I say part it out for SURE...If you go to sell that as a whole you MIGHT find someone to give 6,000 but much more than that would be tough Parting it out I can almost guarantee you will see 20-30% more!

Side by Sides are a blast and at least you will still be in the yamaha family!
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Sand84

Depending when u do this i might be able to swing the frontend off you :nod: :thumbs:
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

socalrappy700

if I sold off the front end I would need a se front end to go in trade + cash.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 01, 2009, 05:33:44 PM
if I sold off the front end I would need a se front end to go in trade + cash.

keep a number in mind when you get to that point...I just so happen to have a bone stock SE2 front end. :lol: You never know.

hellrazr

are you buying used?  I thought they currently suspended the sell of rhinos due to the lawsuits.

socalrappy700

Quote from: hellrazr on May 03, 2009, 06:51:27 PM
are you buying used?  I thought they currently suspended the sell of rhinos due to the lawsuits.

Thats not true.  They have to install a sway bar and then it can be sold. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Troy

I would sell all the aftermarket stuff you can off of it and put it back to stock.  If you don't have the stock stuff to replace the good stuff, make that part of the price.  that way you get paid both ways and sell someone a nice stock bike that hasn't been hotrodded (so they think) :rofl:

kyledvor61

sell all the aftermarket put close to stock as you can and then sell. shit ton o money

kyledvor61

and buy a rzr/rzr-s. way faster

Alkire193

If you part it out id take the duals and the frame off your hands :) my front bumper mount area is...gone puts it mildly