Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Help me get a judge of housing costs: Post a pic of your Crib and your payment!!  (Read 1700 times)

Offline r00st

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Rappy 700 = Money PIT!
    • Email
Alright so I am going out west soon to visit (Portland/Seattle areas) and have heard housing is pretty affordable out there. I am 60 miles west of Chicago (not even a burb, but housing is still not "cheap" by any means). A REASONABLE starter home in my town (reasonable meaning not a POS) is about 140k. Anything less than 130k your asking for termites or a TRAILOR lol.

Post a pic of your crib (be it a house, apartment or what not)
Where you live (city/state)
And what you pay (rent per month, mortgage payment or house purchase price).

My GF and I are watching "property virgins" and just saw some houses in Texas...for 130k it was new contruction in a burb (DFW area) with a 2 acre lot! Any of the 3 properties they showed would be at minimum DOUBLE the price where I live now (the 130k could sell for 275k-300k EASY).

Post Away!!!
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Offline robkd

• Street Cred: 2
I live a couple of hours from portland but have family there, and you can buy houses anywhere from 130,000 to ????????? depending on what part of town and all of that.  Some of them are still a little high but the best place to find rentals or homes to purchase around that area is on craigslist.  A lot of people are posting there listings there instead of with an agent so they can save some dough.  Why the move to P-town or Seattle? 

Offline Lady4Fiddy

• Rally Queen
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 20
  • I'm just your average Crazy Ass Woman!
    • Email
I have a friend who lives in Olympia and she says the price of housing there is pretty high. She said to get a decent house would cost $200,000 or better. They recently moved out of their duplex which they were paying $1,200 a month for a small 2 bedroom. It took a while but they found a 3 bedroom home to rent for $1,500 but she said they got a good deal as they were not finding anything that cheap.  I hope this will help ya a bit.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Let me take the wheels off mine, and remove the police tape first. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Lady4Fiddy

• Rally Queen
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 20
  • I'm just your average Crazy Ass Woman!
    • Email
Let me take the wheels off mine, and remove the police tape first. :lol:

He doesn't want a picture of a Mobile Meth Lab!   :slap:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Offline r00st

• VIP
  • Rappy 700 = Money PIT!
    • Email
lol thanks for the help guys. I am not so much stuck on portland city itself, just the general area. (so somewhere within a few hours of seattle or portland). I am visiting out there in a few weeks (first time) and my GF and I will be renting a car to drive around and see the cities. I would actually much prefer a smaller town (say 5k - 25k) over a larger city. I assume that will help with housing price as well. I wouldnt mind being near coos/winchester bay either :) (MMMMM...DUNES.... :) )

Where all are ridable sand dunes in oregon/ portland? I Know of coos bay/ winchester are those the better ones or what are the other options?
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
My pad:

I bought the house new in December of 2000. Added an in ground pool in 2002.

Payment: $920.

It's all mine in 58 more payments if I don't start building on the land I bought in February 2007.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline r00st

• VIP
  • Rappy 700 = Money PIT!
    • Email
That is a beautiful house Brian!

Where are you located? That seems like an awfully nice place for 920! What is it currently worth if you were to go and sell it? The one thing with payments that can really jade the end result are things like purchase dates, down payments and interest rates.

I would love to own a home like that some day :) Plus I know you have a yellow vette in the garage the package all the nicer lol
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
That is a beautiful house Brian!

Where are you located? That seems like an awfully nice place for 920! What is it currently worth if you were to go and sell it? The one thing with payments that can really jade the end result are things like purchase dates, down payments and interest rates.

I would love to own a home like that some day :) Plus I know you have a yellow vette in the garage the package all the nicer lol

Thank you.

Location is south side of Fort Smith, AR.

When I bought the home, I had 5% down. My rate was 7.5% at 360 months. When the rates dropped back in 2002, I refinanced it at 4.25% for 180 months and raised the payment $200 per month. Since then I have made a few principle payments per year, and tried to put as much money on it as I can.

I bought the home originally for $103,500. I have invested $22500 in the pool and $2250 in fence and landscaping. Total investment $128,250.

The home across the street from me sold for $147,600 three months ago in this economy. If mine brought $145,000, I would make out like a bandit.

We have selected plans for the next home, but I won't pull the trigger until I see positive signs the economy is rebounding. The next home will be twice the size on 3.5 wooded acres...I already own the land, I just need some assurance before dropping $330-350K to build it.

~Brian

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:57:07 PM by Flynbyu »
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline robkd

• Street Cred: 2
If you want to be close to the best dunes in the northwest and still want a big city, portland is the place for you, though eugene is a little smaller in size it is closer to the dunes too.  Coos Bay is about 4 to 4 1/2 hrs from portland, winchester bay is about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs... Sand lake is close to portland though maybe an hour? but not sure exactly.  Thats where a lot of the portland riders go for quick rides. 

Offline Pldbryan

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
You will not find anything like Brians place in the NW for close to that $.  If I looked at his place and placed it in a decent neighborhood in Portland you would be looking at 350-400K pretty easy.  Look in Corvallis, Longview, Albany, Camas, Centralia etc if you done mind a few hours outside of Portland or Seattle areas. 

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
I'll get a better pic up soon, but for now I've got 3025sqf plus 800+ft of garage. I bought it a few years ago. House is 11years old Paid $194k for it and still owe roughly $62k. Mortgage is $1820, but I pay 2000-5000 every month. It has an open floor plan.

3 bedrooms (master has a 2 person jacuzzi)
3 full bath
Kitchen w/island
Theater room
living room.
Pool/game room
Library
2 dining rooms
3 car garage
Double vaulted ceilings though out
Full cherry wood trim top and bottom

1/3 acre

Its was worth $249k 2 years ago. I'm not sure what its worth now, but I'm guessing not much more then that. I will die in it or kill someone if "they" take it period.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:20:15 AM by 4gunz4x4z »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
I've put a hit out for 4gunz' and going to rob his garage.

"You WON the fight, taking 1 damage and dealing 23 damage to your enemy. You gained $72,000 and 7 experience points.
Don Vito Brian (forget your name) has looted the place scoring a raptor 700"

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
Here's the one we still want to build.......Just add a pool.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Here is our house. Southeast Iowa, no dunes anywhere nearby. :lol:

Paid $75k in 2004, house completely remodeled. Roof, windows, floors and HVAC brand new. Added driveway, and new upgraded carpet in 06, appraised at 100k.
Payment $580.

What...surprised there are no wheels or police tape on it?  :lol:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"