i was wrong or how i've changed my mind

Started by nikita, April 25, 2009, 01:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikita

do u remember guys my topic about how i want to mod my quad and not getting into the motor and bla-bla-bla? :rolleyes:
so i want to make excuses because i was bullshitting :P
after installing big 3 ( barker, pc3, gytr intake) i felt the difference and was screaming about first 30 mins of my ride...yes that was cool
but now i want more, i want to shit in my boxers every time i start the motor.

so what do i really want? i want a lot of power, great reliability. i want the golden mean between power and reliability. so i think thats it)

what can u advise me?

the budget is around 2grand

THX

dabigbratj

i would suggest a stroker crank a hot rods +5 around 300 a good piston depend on your compression you want 180-250 good cnc port with +1 valves and a kds rj cam and you will be very happy let me know i can get you set up with all of it.any questions let me know
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

nikita

the problem is that nobody is doing porting in my city...and what about big bore kits?

dabigbratj

well if you placed a big order shipping wont be to bad dont want to do a ton of motor work then hold it up at the head there is alot of power to be gained in the head you will see more power from a new crank over a big bore kit now stroke and bb kit you will see a good amount but again i would really suggest getting head work done

nikita

will i need big bore barkers? ok, if u advise porting i'll do all mods in winter. and all the summer i'll ride it like i stole it)

Warren

no you wouldn't need BB barkers. you might gain alittle more from them but since you have the standard ones already you will be fine. this is pretty much the same build i'm doing this winter. i can't wait.  :nana:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

dabigbratj

Quote from: nikita on April 25, 2009, 03:09:57 PM
will i need big bore barkers? ok, if u advise porting i'll do all mods in winter. and all the summer i'll ride it like i stole it)
no you wont need them i mean you can doit without porting but would be imho a waste  do you want to run race gas or pump gas or doesn't matter

Pldbryan

If you can find a way to do it here is what I would suggest.

Good port and polish with +1 valves for your head, new springs etc.
High comp piston, start at 11.5:1 and go up from there depending on if you can run race gas, mix or not.
Cam:  Do some research on the style riding you want to do.  There are a lot of good options depending on what you want.  Cam will choice will have to be selected on the type of riding that you do.  Trail riding= RJ from KDS, X2 from Megacycle or DL5050 from High Desert Dyno.  Dunes and drag I would lean more towards the Web4, X4 etc....

Ignition module: Do some research on if you want prog vs non prog ignition.

Throttle body bore:  Go to KDS and get a +2 or +3 TB bore.

That is going to suck up most of that $2k you have.

I like this way because you are building an amazing base for any build.  You can go big bore and stroke it down the road if you want and can re-use all of the parts that you have already (except piston but you can sell that).   This stuff is also all pretty damn easy to install so you can save some $ and install it yourself. 
Just my .02...

nikita

most of the time i ride in the city doing some illegal drifting :P, also trail riding. reliability is very important for me,

what do u think about Barker Billet 700 Stroker +6, p&p, hinson clutch, 11,5:1 piston, hd clutch kit, Raptor 700 Barker Intermediate Cam, springs...

1badazz_700r

I have a JE 12:5 piston i will give you for free just pay shipping. My oversize valves were hitting it real lightly no damage,but because of that i wont sell it to anyone but i will give away. It only has about 12 hours on it. It would work fine with stock valves or you could have it fly cut for oversize valves.

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe