It is a great day

Started by vern burny, April 22, 2009, 11:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: vern burny on May 07, 2009, 07:21:09 PM
The little squirt (literally) managed to get me twice in one diaper change.  I think the first shot was to get me to let my gaurd down so he could soak me with the second round.

Anybody have any good ideas for a mothers day present for a new mom?

They have those necklaces with the baby foot charm on it and you can get them with the baby's birthstone. Very sentimental to a Mom.

You can by those kits at walmart (or any store that sells craft stuff) where you can do an imprint of the babies foot or hand and put the date on it, or happy mother's day, and then she will have a keepsake forever.  Very thoughtful gift.

A day at the spa, or a massage. It is rough being a new mom, lots of stress making sure one is doing everything right for the baby, all the sleepless nights, not to mention she just went through one of the most painful and exhausting experience's in her life.  She will be a nicer person with this gift since she will be able to get rid of all that tension and relax.

Warning!  Do not buy her any kind of clothes, lingerie, etc. If you get her a size too small she will feel "fat" and if you get a size too big she will think that you think she is "fat".

Hope this helps, let me know if you need other ideas.   :thumbs:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

vern burny

That helps quite a bit, I am not the best at getting her presents.  For valentines day this year she got carpet in the nusery.  In my defence the room really needed it.

Lady4Fiddy

ouch! well at least you tried!   :thumbs:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

vern burny

Aim low, be suprised :thumbs: that's my moto.

Krandall

:rofl:

That's what I told lydia!!! she said I better watch it.  :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: vern burny on May 08, 2009, 05:06:10 AM
Aim low, be suprised :thumbs: that's my moto.

:thumbs:

Low expectations=assured satisfaction. :lol:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

...or a hand print across the face.

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

vern burny

She is happy to get anything, I have forgotten her birthday before.  She told me that I had to get her something really nice to make up for it.  I asked if that would make her stop being mad at me and she said no, so I never bothered.  :batman:

So far I have promised her I would watch Ollie for 4 hours straight on Sunday so she can leave the house and do whatever she wants.  This stay at home mom stuff is starting to make her a little stir crazy.

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: vern burny on May 08, 2009, 09:54:57 AM
She is happy to get anything, I have forgotten her birthday before.  She told me that I had to get her something really nice to make up for it.  I asked if that would make her stop being mad at me and she said no, so I never bothered.  :batman:

So far I have promised her I would watch Ollie for 4 hours straight on Sunday so she can leave the house and do whatever she wants.  This stay at home mom stuff is starting to make her a little stir crazy.

I know the feeling. She should enjoy her time out. Just don't call every 5 minutes to ask a question about the baby or she will start to worry and not be able to enjoy her time.

Great idea   :thumbs:  she will appreciate this a lot.    :nod: