can i use the new power comander 5 on a 2008 700r

Started by blackhawk, April 15, 2009, 06:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhawk

i have a 2008 700r i was looking into a power comander when i found there new power comander 5 fuel controler when i called dynojet thay told me that thay only test the PC5 on 2009 models so thay are unsure about it on a 2008 cuz thay didnt test it so does anyone know if i would have a prob useing it on my 2008

Warren

first off welcome to the site. you will find alot of info and very nice people here.

and to answer your question you should be just fine with the PC 5 on your 08. the only thing you will need is to get someone to weld the O2 sensor bung into the exhaust header for you unless you can do it yourself. good luck and happy modding.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

preddy08

Quote from: warren on April 15, 2009, 06:57:26 PM
first off welcome to the site. you will find alot of info and very nice people here.

and to answer your question you should be just fine with the PC 5 on your 08. the only thing you will need is to get someone to weld the O2 sensor bung into the exhaust header for you unless you can do it yourself. good luck and happy modding.  :thumbs:

You dont need a bung or a 02 secsor for the PV5. That is only for the Auto Tune
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

blackhawk

thanks for the help guys this site has been great well i guess i will go with the PC5 then i just didnt want to spend that kind of money and it not work

Danny T

yea i have one on my 06 it will work fine!

what pipe and intake are you going with?

blackhawk

i have a HMF slip on and a Pro Design with a K&N filter

Alkire193

Why buy the PC 5 though? I have a 2007 Raptor 700 and it has the PC III, I dont see the need to upgrade since they both do about them same. I see the increased fuel adjust but it still has a pre-programmed fuel map that runs the quad like the PCIII.

blackhawk

i didnt have one to start out with so i didnt want to buy a pc3 when thay had a newer one out that i could go with

Pldbryan

PCV and PC3 are about the same price, why not get the PCV???

1badazz_700r

:thumbs: for the same price,i would get the PC5 also

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

blackhawk

thats what im thinking so i went with the PCV amd love it. its 10 times better then the optimizer i had  :thumbs:

Alkire193

I can see going with the newer version if you making the upgrade. Im talking about upgrading from a PCIII to a PCV. Im assuming theres no reasont o make that change

Out Back Welding

if you dont care about the auto tune, or all the other options with the pcV, that the pc3 doesnt offer, then no need to upgrade.

on the other hand, if your not upgrading and just buying your first power programmer, go with the pcV :thumbs:,

i have one on my 08, works like a champ, didnt go with the auto tune yet, but for the same price, i will always have the option :thumbs: