help!! blew up my raptor

Started by blownupraptor, April 09, 2009, 10:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blownupraptor

hey guys,

i just joined the site i have been lurking it for awhile but now im in need of some help with my raptor i just bought. im new to the whole yamaha thing i have been a polaris man for years. i just bought a 2006 700r and i put a big gun evo full exaust on it with a k&n filter itp rims and razr 2's and handlebars and risers. long story short i overheated it and burnt the rings and piston.. my question is what should i do now motor wise? i was looking at the rocket factory 734 kit but if anyone has any suggestions on what i should do that would be amazing. im trying to order the parts for it this week. i ride mostly sandpits and some trails along with the nice blast down the highway.

Krandall

My suggestion..

Look up the user "VelociRaptor"  His name's Bo...

Give him a call, he is THE man. He can bore your stock cylinder out and drop in a +5mm sleeve making it a 727 (leaving room for a 734 if something happens)

Since you're that far. you may as well send him your head too for a port and polish..

you'll be looking @ around $1500 when it's all said and done. But. you'll have a STRONG runner!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Homesteadraptor700

You may want to look into getting the PC5 with autotune fuel controler. If you are not using a fuel controler now that is why you burnt up the piston.

Peelz

A: Welcome to the site

B: Awesome screen name, but... will need changed when motor is built.

C: Why did it overheat? I don't know anyone who has had that happen the 700, unless fuel map was way lean.

D: Build depends on what you are looking for. In my case, I would do all I could do, but stay on pump gas. Race gas not easy to get here. :thumbs:

-Eric
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

blownupraptor

hey guys.

thanks alot for the quick responses.

yes im going to get a pc3 to go along with whatever motor work i end up doing.

im located in sudbury ontario. i have a few dumb questions. would i be able to get my cylinder bored here and then buy +5mm sleeve and piston and put it in here? instead of sending away my cylinder? also while its apart is a cam worth buying? would you add one while its already apart? how hard is it to install a cam?. so now im leaning to the 727 krandall suggested. where would i buy a sleeve and piston if i were to go that way?

thanks for all your help.

Krandall

Hmmm,

I'll message Kamakazi to respond here. He's a fellow Canadian and may have some answers. :thumbs:

But yes.. while it's apart I'd suggest doing the cam. May as well since your right there :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

not sure about piston, but a cam is totally worth it.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

blownupraptor

alright so far im going to order a cam and do the 727 kit. if someone could get me some information on the 727 kit that would be awesome. i just want to know the questions i asked above. on the cam subject wich cam would you go with i was looking at a hot cam stage 2? how is that one? also do i have to get the head grinded for the cam to fit? or does it just drop in?

thanks, adam

Krandall

I haven't heard from Kama.. thinking he signed off for the day.... Here's what I can tell you...

HotCam Stage 2: is a complete drop in cam, can even use stock springs. :thumbs: Shoot, Ryan from Mods & Roses, Kenneth from KB MotorSports or Steve from Tech Quad Shop a message, one of them will set you up!

Piston: CP, KDS Racing, and Barkers Pistons seem to be primary choice right now.

Sleeve: I'm fairly certain if you called Bo, he'd send you a sleeve, not sure the price on it.. But Shoulnd't be horrible.

As far as if you can give it to someone in your area.. I'd just look around for a machine shop, most are willing to do that sort of work. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Kamakazi

sorry for the late reply, first question i need answered is: what are your horse power goals?  and do you have acess to a dyno?  i can hook you up with just about anything you need and i am in saskatchewan, shipping isnt much of an issue here.  there are a couple members who can vouch for my prompt shipments.  message me if you want or i can be reached at work but pm me for a phone#.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

preddy08

Quote from: kamakazi on April 09, 2009, 03:03:02 PM
sorry for the late reply, first question i need answered is: what are your horse power goals?  and do you have acess to a dyno?  i can hook you up with just about anything you need and i am in saskatchewan, shipping isnt much of an issue here.  there are a couple members who can vouch for my prompt shipments.  message me if you want or i can be reached at work but pm me for a phone#.

Kamakazi is a GREAT guy. He helped me out big time on my auto tune. I ordered it from him and recieved it in 4 days. Keep in mind I'm in the US.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Blair

ill second the fact that Kamakazi is a great guy to deal with... i just bought a set of tires off him...

speaking of which... E... its looking like ill be grabbing a second set... ill get all the details and give you a should this week, prob either GNCC's or Holeshot HD's
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

blownupraptor

Quote from: Blair on April 13, 2009, 12:12:46 AM
ill second the fact that Kamakazi is a great guy to deal with... i just bought a set of tires off him...

speaking of which... E... its looking like ill be grabbing a second set... ill get all the details and give you a should this week, prob either GNCC's or Holeshot HD's

go with the holeshot HD's there awesome tires.

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

1badazz_700r

i have had both and my opinion is the gncc's are way better :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm