Any Oregon riders out there?

Started by robkd, May 27, 2008, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robkd

I am new to the site and recently got a 08' rappy 700.  Just wondering a few things, if there are any oregon riders on here, and if so where from.  Has anyone on here been to St. Anthony's and is it worth the trip?  I have been to Glamis, and of course every spot on the oregon coast in the sand and a lot of trails and stuff up here in the desert.

Segkast

There are some OR riders arounds the forum(s) for sure. I don't know if I'm supposed to mention other forums by name or not on here...so I won't but definately some good guys I ride with sometimes from the boards. We actually just got together for our 2nd annual(kinda-unofficial) rally in April at Winchester Bay, and had a group of raptors. I think between 30-40 Raptors showed up.

Had a big barbecue, some incredible bikes including some disgustingly sick draggers/hillshooters, raffle, group rides...

PM me and I'll send you some links including one for a trip to St. A's that's happening soon.

-Seg

PS...I'm in Washington, but my bike sees mostly sand on the OR coast. My brother w/ his ,08 se as well. We'll definately post up when we end up going down incase anyone wants to meet up. Keep on the lookout in the "rider meets" section.  :thumbs:
Oury grips & Yamalube

sandaddy

There`s a lot of Oregon riders lurking about.....I`m in the Rogue Valley and I ride the coast with several Oregon friends with Rappys, as well as ppls that ride "other" bikes. I haven`t posted on this forum before, but I`m going to spend more time here.....There are some great folks at this location I know from "other" places..............Sandaddy  8)
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy

norby449

I ride at Winchester bay as well, I'm from WA and try to get down at least 3 or 4 time a year. Nothing like the sound of a tweeked motor with dual's pulling that hill

1FST690

where are ya from rob? There is a good sized group of us from Oregon that spend a fair amount of time at the coast. There are also about 6-8 of us that race at Albany and are getting for the 09 season. I have been to St. A's and it is absolutly, without a doubt worth the trip! some of the best riding I have ever done!!!

Frank
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

RaptorR

Im from the Tualatin-Sherwood area here in Oregon :thumbs:

fireman5166

sandaddy I was just up in the Rogue Valley. My inlaws live on ford rd.  I took my raptor but no one to go riding with.  I wish I knew we could have went riding. maybe next time.  :thumbs:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Onelunglow

For me St Anthony's is my favorite place to ride. I live in California and have made the trip three times now!! I have been to Oregon (Coos bay & Winchester), Sandmountain Nevada, Pismo, & Glamis.  :thumbs:
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

2fun

I would suggest NOT going to St. Anthony.  WHY??  Because once you go, you will be addicted!!

I went for the first time back in 2002.......
I've gone every year since!!!

Yep.....  next year will be my 8th time in a row!  IMO, it blows away anything at the Oregon coast, though you will not find any treeshots out there (for the most part).

Oh, and I'm in the Portland area.

It'd be cool to set up a group ride sometime.  Though I might warn you I could show up on a YFZ450 lol.... :grin_nod:
If any of you care to set up a ride, please feel free to send me a PM.
As you can see, I don't come here too often, but I DO get notification of PM's in my E-mail. :thumbs:

jonesi700r

i live in washington north of longview but i mainly ride the oregon dunes with a group of 4 700's. wouldnt mind gettin together sometime at the dunes. i would like to go to st. anthony's, heard nothin but good things. has anyone been to little sahara in utah? i would like to go so i can climb that 600+ ft. dune. :grin_nod: Though the tree shoots would still be missed.

powder coater

Oregon Raptor Rally is in the planning stages for the beginning of May in Florence. Keep an eye out on the Locations and groups section. Should be another great ride.
Jason for Presedent !

Segkast

Quote from: powder coater on December 04, 2008, 07:12:35 AM
Oregon Raptor Rally is in the planning stages for the beginning of May in Florence. Keep an eye out on the Locations and groups section. Should be another great ride.

The trip he's talking about has been scheduled now for May 7-10 in Florence. See Y'all there. PM Powder Coater. 1FST690, or myself for more info... we'll have to get a thread started here...
Oury grips & Yamalube

sandaddy

Quote from: fireman5166 on November 30, 2008, 09:13:58 PM
sandaddy I was just up in the Rogue Valley. My inlaws live on ford rd.  I took my raptor but no one to go riding with.  I wish I knew we could have went riding. maybe next time.  :thumbs:

Hey Fireman...........Next time your thinking of being up here, PM ahead and lets see if we can get out to the coast...We`re there every 3 to 4 weeks....all year `round.

~Don  8)
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy

fireman5166

Quote from: sandaddy on December 10, 2008, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: fireman5166 on November 30, 2008, 09:13:58 PM

Hey Fireman...........Next time your thinking of being up here, PM ahead and lets see if we can get out to the coast...We`re there every 3 to 4 weeks....all year `round.

~Don  8)

right on. I won't be up there for a wile but after the new year we might have to make a trip.  :thumbs:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

GregKJ

I'm from Washington, but venture down to Florence quite a bit.  I hope to make the Raptor Rally!