Raptor Not Starting...

Started by TeamYardsale, February 22, 2009, 12:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamYardsale

POS.

Ok, Scenario- 30*f, Start it up for about 15 seconds, not going far, just next door for lunch.  Rip around on it and Im at mems house, turn it off. Runs crappy, but it usually does when it hasnt warmed up for a bit, think nothing of it.

After lunch, start it up, take off, going somewhat easy on it, again, backfiring/sputtering etc.. on acceleration, stalls right before the barn so I just roll it in.

Go to take it out about 15 minutes ago, has gas, cranks and crank and cranks and cranks. Wont catch.

Wats the deal?

PS_I just hit the "remove topic Button" so the reply by peelsse2 was lost.

Peels, I got mad and didnt want to touch it, im heading to work and Ill check it out really quick, plug/Programmer.
07 Yamaha Raptor 700 SE (Org/Blk)
GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Intake/Billet Adapter
GYTR Full Skids
Cobra Fi200r Fuel Programmer
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires

TechQuadShop

Sounds like you had a bad tune and fouled a plug.
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Danny T

yea im thinking fouled flug also, mine foul out really easily as well occasionally if i don't let her warm up real good.

Peelz

what's up man, you deleted my post!!! :lol: my advice wasn't that bad. :lol: :rofl:

My brand spanking new 700 fouled a plug from giving it throttle before it was warm. Wait a couple minutes before riding in the cold. 700 has an auto choke that closes until it senses it is warm. Probably not the programmer, that was a worst case scenario idea.

good luck.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

TeamYardsale

My programmer better not be bad.

BTW- Does the raptor have an idle adjustment? mine likes to idle high, its not a problem, just higher than I like.
GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Full Skids
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires

Peelz

left side right under seat. I think, still new to the 700.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

TeamYardsale

now is that sitting on, or looking at the quad from the front, left side?.....

Ill figure it out.
GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Full Skids
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires

TeamYardsale

Hey guys, Just got back from pushing it through about 15" of snow to the garage, thought it is lightweight when you have 40hp riding it, 396lbs of deadweaight is a PITA to push up hills.

Pulled the plug, Its all black, insulator, tip, and about 7 threads high is all black from carbon, looks fouled to me?

The gap is still fine.

Im going to pick up a couple more when I head to town and try it back out sometime later on. 

Iridium plugs anygood?
GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Full Skids
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires

Danny T

some people swear by iridium, i do fine with the standard. give it a try see if it fouls any less for you.

Peelz

Yeah, that is rich fouled. Hopefully just because of running cold.  ???

TeamYardsale

Yeah, I think it did, but I dont know why it fouled out rich instead of lean? it was colder, This EFI stuff is alot more confusing than a good ole' single carb.

WTF!?! plugs are pricey for these things? like 8 bucks a pop? maybe im getting the stiff from the store for donuts in thier parking lot lastight...... sled plugs are like 3.95?
GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Full Skids
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires

Peelz

when it is cold, you run rich. Especially if you ride before choke opens.
I have heard to let it run for 3 minutes before even touching the throttle. So autochoke opens.

Danny T

TeamYardsale

Local store doesnt have them, and you have to order a box of 10 if you get them. stupid service guy, called me "dude", DUDE we dont have them.

Local lawnmower shop said hell have a couple within the end of the week.

Old people rock.

GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Full Skids
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires

Peelz

you can get a $3 plug at wal-mart. There is my shout-out for local CHampion Spark Splug factory. :lol: