Yet another round of "Guess that number"

Started by preddy08, February 20, 2009, 08:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Raptor Trent

Alot of times when you go to a single ring setup or a low tension ring on decel it will create a vacuum and suck a little oil past the rings. That is why alot of engines (including v-8 chevys) with low tension rings will smoke on decel. Unless you run a vacuum pump and pull a vacuum on the oil pan. We have seen as much as 20 hp on a v-8 chevy just by pulling 20" of vacuum on the oil pan.

DL700

its the rings,,,,, mine does the same thing.... gets better when its warm,.........
CUERVO RACING

preddy08

Quote from: DL700 on February 20, 2009, 12:28:42 PM
its the rings,,,,, mine does the same thing.... gets better when its warm,.........

Calling you now.

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Troy

Hey Shawn I happen to have an extra motor laying around, want me to send it to you?  It should make around 130 horsepower on that dyno :P

VelociRaptor

Preddy and I talked yesterday, hope its an easy fix but dont think it will be :(
75hp @ 15:1 A/F is pretty good since you was 71 before with a good tune, only change in the build being updated port and single to a better single.

preddy08

Quote from: VelociRaptor on February 21, 2009, 07:46:35 AM
Preddy and I talked yesterday, hope its an easy fix but dont think it will be :(
75hp @ 15:1 A/F is pretty good since you was 71 before with a good tune, only change in the build being updated port and single to a better single.

Thanks for the support guys. I took it out on the road yesterday and beat the SNOT out of it and when I got back I was'nt even smoking. I just have to do something about this tune. It wants to pop on the top end, and the injector is maxed out. i think its cloged. So I'll have to try a new injector.

Krandall

Which one are you gonna go with?

And.. What do you think is wrong that won't be an easy fix?
Quote from: VelociRaptor on February 21, 2009, 07:46:35 AM

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

VelociRaptor

I wouldnt beat the snot out of it too much with the A/F being 15:1 ;)
The rings may have not seated(and possibly wont) or havent seated yet and just needed some cycle time to do so with that lapping compound.
Dont think that build will see 75hp or more again though until its torn down and redone. If it does you need to go to Vegas and win some money with that luck of yours :thumbs:

preddy08

Quote from: VelociRaptor on February 21, 2009, 09:57:43 AM
I wouldnt beat the snot out of it too much with the A/F being 15:1 ;)
The rings may have not seated(and possibly wont) or havent seated yet and just needed some cycle time to do so with that lapping compound.
Dont think that build will see 75hp or more again though until its torn down and redone. If it does you need to go to Vegas and win some money with that luck of yours :thumbs:

He said that it does'nt get real lean until the upper RPMs. So I'm gonna see if I cant get the rings to seat. I'm also gonna go out with some unleaded gas to see if I cant get the injector to unplug its self. After an hour or so I'll see if I cant switch the map out to someone eleses map, and see what happens.

DL700

so any update with those maps i sent? u should be well within the range of a stock injector
CUERVO RACING

preddy08

Quote from: DL700 on February 22, 2009, 12:19:15 AM
so any update with those maps i sent? u should be well within the range of a stock injector

I'm headed out now to test it. I'll let you know.