KDS "RJ" cam update

Started by Kenny, February 18, 2009, 09:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Okay guys, we all thought the cam was doing well even though the power dropped off a tick up top. The power "under the curve" was so good that it still made the best overall power for woods/duner builds..... Well Daniel's engine evidently broke in after some hard riding..... I don't think we will be worried about a top-end drop off.... This is very unusual to see. Thanks for the charts Daniel! :thumbs:

BEFORE

AFTER BREAK-IN

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Kamakazi

thanks for the graph kenny, you have dibbs on my money
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

Had to get the specs of the build so I could figure out what's going on.
Is it +1 BOTH exhaust and intake?

QuoteKds CNC +1 valves head
Beehive springs
Kds rj cam
KDS 12.5 piston
+3 .mm kds throttle body
FCI intake no box
Dyantek programmable ignition
evac valve
Head studs w/ stock gaskets
vp110/91 50% @3500 ft elevation....
bolt together motor with the fattest power band available with a 686... nothing special....

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenny

Quote from: Krandall on February 18, 2009, 09:10:50 AM
Had to get the specs of the build so I could figure out what's going on.
Is it +1 BOTH exhaust and intake?

QuoteKds CNC +1 valves head
Beehive springs
Kds rj cam
KDS 12.5 piston
+3 .mm kds throttle body
FCI intake no box
Dyantek programmable ignition
evac valve
Head studs w/ stock gaskets
vp110/91 50% @3500 ft elevation....
bolt together motor with the fattest power band available with a 686... nothing special....
Yup :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

air

That would be interesting to put in my 727.
Rusty

DL700

:nana:

this is the fat guys cam!!!  :rofl: gets u some torque for sure.....

my father in law (320#) hopped on my quad for a trip around the block today..... :jaw:......... he was sad to get on his slow 1500 vulcan for the ride home  :clap:
CUERVO RACING

Krandall

:rofl: :rofl:

Fat Guy Cam  :lol:

If it'll move a 320# guy. think what it'll do w/ someone 150 less! :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

russ-russ

This thing requires the beehive springs right?  Plain old KW's won't get the job done?

DL700

old kw's no......

i am recommending the beehive springs cus i know they work... anything else is all a guess
CUERVO RACING

Colorado700R

DL, with Kenny's Cam design, did you find any additional ignition timing tweaks ??

Aaron

DL700

yes, it needs a bit less timing in the low end then the hc3.... but from 6 k to redline its the same

also runs near same map as a hc3... odd because it makes a ton more power bottom and mid
CUERVO RACING

09RappySE

Daniel,

Do I need to send you my ignition for the curvs to be tweaked before my top end comes back or can I just use a different curve or what.

Jeff
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq

DL700

u can run the same timing curve as i recommended before.... no need to change
CUERVO RACING

Colorado700R

Quote from: DL700 on February 18, 2009, 10:34:02 PM
yes, it needs a bit less timing in the low end then the hc3.... but from 6 k to redline its the same

also runs near same map as a hc3... odd because it makes a ton more power bottom and mid

I'd like to see what we could do with this cam with increased spark energy and a wider gap, I bet she'll soak more fuel and push even harder  ;)