sparks xx6 krackanator

Started by Out Back Welding, February 10, 2009, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out Back Welding

did a search, couldnt find anything about this pipe on this site

found it on some other sites, looks like it compares pretty dang good vs barkers

couldnt find out how much it costed...is it cheap enough to justify not going with barkers?

thoughts,comments,pros, and cons appreciated.

Mtneer Man

I think its a pretty expensive pipe. Im not goin to say the price I heard but it was higher than the duals. You need to call sparks direct to get info and prices for the xx6.
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)
Stellar Machine and Performance

SprinterX

I haven't heard it but it's my understanding that it's brutally loud.
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

DL700

i personally ran it/tested it  on my stock bore build   
its not a pipe for the average guy... its a duner/ hill shooter/ drap pipe the is very LOUD but also very light

very well constructed and available in 2 lengths... short and shorter... i tested the shorter one...
the end cap/turndown was welded on so there is no option for a spark arrestor... :(

great pipe for power, just not for the regular guy IMO

CUERVO RACING

Out Back Welding

yeah i read your shootout tests dl, all good stuff, from what i could tell the barkers just edged it out. basically i was wondering what a guy could get one of these for....if it was the same price or higher than the barkers, i would see no reason in getting it.

barkers pros. ~looks better, works better, and ready available sparkies ect.
          cons. ~cost, and weight

sparks xx6 pros. ~ much lighter, works nearly as good as duals       
               cons.~ cant get sparkies ect, wicked loud

:confused: which ones more bang for the buck ???

Krandall

I think there's 2 points to the pipes..

1: Bang for the Buck.. Which.. If the xx6 ends up cheaper than the duals.. they'd win that battle...
or
2: Rideability...... I think here the barkers shine... Option for Quiet cores or Spark Arrestors. I know in Minnesota, If you jump on a state trail. Spark Arrestors are required.  That'd suck if there's no option like the xx6.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

sandraptor

If db is a concern then stay away from the Sparks, personally I think it is the best sounding pipe out there. I would go with the XX6 for all other reasons..weight, single, in-frame, fit-finish, power, etc. The pipe is $659.95+tax/ship. They can be hard to get but worth the wait. :thumbs:
WICKED HP
702-951-7203

fastraptor

I think the top two duals (monsters and barkers)are hard to beat for ALL of the above reasons .....the sparks looks like a great pipe when noise does not matter but then how about a drag meg??? they make great power as well  :grin_nod:
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle