Barker vs DMC duals

Started by soulless1, February 10, 2009, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalRaptor

To each there own, but I want to say thanks to DL for the testing and sharing all the info.    :thumbs:    There sure are a lot more choices in this market now.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Diggs59

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on February 16, 2009, 11:05:53 AM
To each there own, but I want to say thanks to DL for the testing and sharing all the info.    :thumbs:    There sure are a lot more choices in this market now.

No doubt....

Buck

Quote from: Diggs59 on February 16, 2009, 06:45:43 AM
It's all opinion about the fit and finish you speak of. I've saw the DMC's....."I" don't care about weight. "I've" never had 1 problem mounting the Barkers. "I" have removed them repeatedly. The billet clamps are a huge improvement in this department. I've saw DL post about the DMC's and when asked he said "that he wanted to be different." Performance is pretty much identical. So it boils down to what each individuals opinion is.

You're right about it not taking a miracle to make a product. All DMC had to do was "take a page out of the Tim Barker book of pipe building." I'm not the only person who's saw them and made that assesment either. It's just my preference but I'll stick with Barkers because I like their look, performance, and fact that they're made by Tim Barker and he's been a leader in this industry for a while now over "a commercialized company" who struck out (in a-lot of peoples eyes) on their first attempt at a set of duals and resorted to "mirroring" Tim's setup. 

Did u read DLs review on moddedraptor?

I love my Barkers just as much if not more than the next guy. Im just saying DMC makes a VERY solid pipe. And from what DL said in his review it seems as though there are some characteristics in the DMCs that are better than the same aspect of the Barkers.....Not a big deal....

I too prefer the looks of my Barkers over the DMCs.
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

fastraptor

I would say stick with monsters or barkers in that order both have excellent products with great customer service , I think they are smaller companies mabe thats the difference
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Diggs59

Quote from: Buck on February 17, 2009, 02:36:43 AM
Quote from: Diggs59 on February 16, 2009, 06:45:43 AM
It's all opinion about the fit and finish you speak of. I've saw the DMC's....."I" don't care about weight. "I've" never had 1 problem mounting the Barkers. "I" have removed them repeatedly. The billet clamps are a huge improvement in this department. I've saw DL post about the DMC's and when asked he said "that he wanted to be different." Performance is pretty much identical. So it boils down to what each individuals opinion is.

You're right about it not taking a miracle to make a product. All DMC had to do was "take a page out of the Tim Barker book of pipe building." I'm not the only person who's saw them and made that assesment either. It's just my preference but I'll stick with Barkers because I like their look, performance, and fact that they're made by Tim Barker and he's been a leader in this industry for a while now over "a commercialized company" who struck out (in a-lot of peoples eyes) on their first attempt at a set of duals and resorted to "mirroring" Tim's setup. 

Did u read DLs review on moddedraptor?

I love my Barkers just as much if not more than the next guy. Im just saying DMC makes a VERY solid pipe. And from what DL said in his review it seems as though there are some characteristics in the DMCs that are better than the same aspect of the Barkers.....Not a big deal....

I too prefer the looks of my Barkers over the DMCs.

Not knocking Dan at all here when I say this: One mans review is his own opinion. Just like fastraptor said above:
Quote from: fastraptor on February 17, 2009, 02:21:37 PM
I would say stick with monsters or barkers in that order both have excellent products with great customer service , I think they are smaller companies mabe thats the difference

soulless1

Ok so the more I thought about it the hard it was to wait. I also don't plan on any internal mods,, for now. So I broke out the old credit line thru Yamaha. Ordered set of DMC Force4's, PC111, GTYR intake and raz2 for the rear tires.  :clap: :clap: :nana: :clap: :clap:

DL700

if u have never seen them in person or installed them then u can not have a good opinion on them.....
im am not putting down BARKERS but they could learn a few things from DMC  :rofl:

IF a company does not upgrade their product when competition if putting out stuff on a higher level then they will not be around long.... looking forward to seeing what new from BARKERS in the next coming year!
CUERVO RACING

Buck

I too agree that one mans opinion is just that....But I can also say that I know Dan wasnt lying about the characteristics of the pipes. And, to me, its obvious that some of the minor characteristics of the DMCs are better than those same characteristics of the Barkers. He didnt just say "I think the DMCs are better" He pointed out some differences that gave them a bit of an edge in the fit and finish category..And I personally say that I agree.
My personal Duals preference goes in this order:
                                                                 1) Barkers
                                                                 2) DMC Force 4s
                                                                 3) Monsters
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time