Barker vs DMC duals

Started by soulless1, February 10, 2009, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulless1

Ok I tried to look up the shoot out that was done but the link is dead :ban:. Can anyone tell me hp. and Torgue gains on both. I don't currently plan any internal mods just intake and programmer. 

I was leaning to Barkers but DMC look almost as good and have more availablity to replacement parts by local dealer.

NeverEnough

Depends on what DMCs your looking at. THe Force 4's or the Afterburners, personally, i wouldnt get afterburners unless you get them really cheap. The Force 4's most people say are copys of Barkers with DMC cans. Both are a good pipe imo, but i would drop the little extra on the Barkers. Dont worry about replacement parts, if you need anything for the Barkers, just give Tim, he will get you what you need.

Brent
2006 Raptor 727
2009 YFZR 450

DL700

steve from TQS is sending me a set of DMC force 4 to test as the last component of my pipw shootout... they will be re ran against the BARKERS on my bike... in a few days
CUERVO RACING

soulless1

So not much difference between the 2. I'm just a dad with a bike  8) Barkers i think look better but also going to run about $2-300 more. I just looked at the monsterdual. Also a nice looking..

Krandall

There's some monsters in the sale section. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

cowtownup

I would wait and see what DL700 comes up with on the dyno..  However, I know for a fact that if you buy Barkers, you won't be dissappointed...  Good luck on your choice and when you get um mounted up, enjoy your new found power.... LOL... 
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

Buck

Barkers and DMCs perform almost identically.....but DMCs get the nod for fit and finish
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Diggs59

Quote from: Buck on February 14, 2009, 01:26:01 AM
Barkers and DMCs perform almost identically.....but DMCs get the nod for fit and finish

I gotta disagree....Just like the last shootout that was done the DMC cans are a love/hate relationship. I think the DMC cans look cheap compared to Barkers....

FoundArealQuad

Maybe because you own Barkers
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Diggs59

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the paper thin look of the cans and tips. :lol:

Krandall

Quote from: FoundArealQuad on February 14, 2009, 06:58:49 PM
Maybe because you own Barkers

I own barkers, but I LOVE the look of the DMC's. Don't get me wrong. my barkers are sexy, but there's somethin about the finish of the cans on the DMC's that catch my eye..

To each their own. :) :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

DL700

The DMC tips are stamped thin .... keeps overall weight and cost down....
CUERVO RACING

Buck

Quote from: Diggs59 on February 14, 2009, 08:17:12 AM
Quote from: Buck on February 14, 2009, 01:26:01 AM

I gotta disagree....Just like the last shootout that was done the DMC cans are a love/hate relationship. I think the DMC cans look cheap compared to Barkers....

Its been proven (looks aside) that the DMCs are all around better when it comes to how they mount up and how they are built sturdier. Talk to DL he had both pipes hand in hand, used to own Barkers and switched over to the DMCs. I own Barkers and Love them, but lets be honest it doesnt take a miracle for a set of pipes to be designed better when it comes to mounting etc...Ask DL for details on the DMCs like how they mount to the subframe, how the cans are mounted to the mid pipes, how the headpipes are built etc... They are built very well.
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Diggs59

It's all opinion about the fit and finish you speak of. I've saw the DMC's....."I" don't care about weight. "I've" never had 1 problem mounting the Barkers. "I" have removed them repeatedly. The billet clamps are a huge improvement in this department. I've saw DL post about the DMC's and when asked he said "that he wanted to be different." Performance is pretty much identical. So it boils down to what each individuals opinion is.

You're right about it not taking a miracle to make a product. All DMC had to do was "take a page out of the Tim Barker book of pipe building." I'm not the only person who's saw them and made that assesment either. It's just my preference but I'll stick with Barkers because I like their look, performance, and fact that they're made by Tim Barker and he's been a leader in this industry for a while now over "a commercialized company" who struck out (in a-lot of peoples eyes) on their first attempt at a set of duals and resorted to "mirroring" Tim's setup. 

DL700

i believe the Dmc's will stay in better condition for longer, also i could not get the Barkers to stop vibrating on my frame after many adjustments with the billet brackets.....

can't lose with either of these pipes.....personal preference on looks and sound
CUERVO RACING