How much power?

Started by Oilfield_Mafia, February 08, 2009, 07:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oilfield_Mafia

Ok, Ive got a GYTR full exhaust, and I really like it. But sometime this year, I'd like to get inside the motor, cam, stroker crank, piston maybe a lil head work.. nothing extravagant. What is everyones thoughts on running a single exhaust with anything over stock power? Will duals yield more power? Is a single good enough for a 70-80 HP setup?

Thoughts please..
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Peelz

Quote from: Oilfield_Mafia on February 08, 2009, 07:52:12 PM
Ok, Ive got a GYTR full exhaust, and I really like it. But sometime this year, I'd like to get inside the motor, cam, stroker crank, piston maybe a lil head work.. nothing extravagant. What is everyones thoughts on running a single exhaust with anything over stock power? Will duals yield more power? Is a single good enough for a 70-80 HP setup?

Thoughts please..

find member Preddy08's profile and look at his sig. Got 71 hp out of a sparks single. 734 high compression etc.....he lists them
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Oilfield_Mafia

If he went to duals with the current setup, would it yield more power? Im trying to find a reason to justify buying duals.. :lol: They just look soooo much cooler.

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

preddy08

I dynoed my 727 14.1 compression, head work, and x-2 cam and got 71HP with a chitty white bros pipe. I'm headed to the dyno this week with a few tricks up my sleeve and hoping for 80hp. If you are not a drag racer then I would spend the money from the duals eles where. Its just hard to justify the hp difference at the higher RPM.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Oilfield_Mafia

Thanks Preddy.. 70-80 HP on a single would be awesome.. thats $700 I can spend on other stuffs..

Kamakazi

my setup will be with a white bros aluma pro exhaust system, and i have the same hp goals with kenny's new head, hc2 and a +5 stroker crank.  i talked to kenny about the difference of duals and he said that i would loose about 3hp on the top end, now 3hp for 600$  is not worth it imho, but i may move to duals to quieten the sucker down.  600$ to keep my wife happy is the safest investment i know :grin_nod:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"