HMF Dyno sheets

Started by FoundArealQuad, February 06, 2009, 04:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoundArealQuad

I've been thinking of getting a HMF full exhaust. Does any body have any experience with one of these. I wanted to get duals, but my wife is buying a hay burner this weekend and she also need tack. So I need to cheapen up on the big three :(
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Warren

i ran a HMF the first 2 years i owned my raptor, and i loved it. great power and great sound. i would recommend it to anyone.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Onelunglow

Maybe you could find a used set of duals cheap!!  :thumbs:
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

Krandall

I ran mine for almost 6 months... (then the duals bug bit me)
I don't have a dyno sheet but I can tell you the power difference w/ the PCIII and an intake was HUGE!!!!!!

And... Hayburner... WTF!   My mom has one w/ my aunts about 25......... stupid things. but.. gotta keep the lady happy too.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

FoundArealQuad

Quote from: Onelunglow on February 06, 2009, 07:24:27 AM
Maybe you could find a used set of duals cheap!!  :thumbs:
I've been looking just a little out of the price range right now. I made an agreement with the wife when she finished college and got a job that she could get a horse now she has both, so I have to bite the bit and buy a  :mad:horse. Its what makes her happy so it's all good I guess.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

FoundArealQuad

How loud are they? I've been looking at the Bill Ballance

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on February 06, 2009, 08:19:29 AM
LOUD!

+1  it's crazy loud. It's not an annoying loud, it's got a real low tone, but when you stab the throttle, it just barks.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: warren on February 06, 2009, 04:40:52 AM
i ran a HMF the first 2 years i owned my raptor, and i loved it. great power and great sound. i would recommend it to anyone.  :thumbs:

+1 Warren! They make good power, you have color choice, and they sound really good. If too loud, get a power core. $20.  :thumbs:  HMF is in my "can't afford duals" contingency plan as well :lol:   Oh, and I agree, they are loud, but it is a good loud!

Plan C:  The phoenix Spark arrestor. Just replaces stock, and goes from 5/8" to 1 3/4".

$40.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

TechQuadShop

Definitely go with a bill ballance.  Best quality HMF available.  But what if I could get you a set of duals for $600 :jaw:  Would you be interested?
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Peelz

They totally make that "BRAAP" sound when you nail the throttle.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Warren

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 06, 2009, 11:10:38 AM

you and that "BRAAP" sound.  :rofl: :rofl:

but yeah man they are loud. just make sure you keep the packing good in them. because if you ride for 2 years on the original packing it starts to sound like shit. and packing is dirt cheap so don't worry about that. lol i think it's like $20 from HMF.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Peelz

Quote from: warren on February 07, 2009, 06:22:47 AM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 06, 2009, 11:10:38 AM

you and that "BRAAP" sound.  :rofl: :rofl:

but yeah man they are loud. just make sure you keep the packing good in them. because if you ride for 2 years on the original packing it starts to sound like shit. and packing is dirt cheap so don't worry about that. lol i think it's like $20 from HMF.

:grin_nod:  Did you change yourself? I never did, don't know how. do you have to drill rivets?

jonesi700r

i drilled my rivets and tapped the holes and put bolts w/ washers. on ebay you can get full hmf w/ intake and dobeck for $650 or something like that. i got a full kit w/ dobeck for $550. They sound great and make good power. i havent ridden one with duals but i have raced some with duals and the better rider will win, not that big of power difference.

Peelz

Quote from: jonesi700r on February 08, 2009, 06:57:27 PM
i drilled my rivets and tapped the holes and put bolts w/ washers. on ebay you can get full hmf w/ intake and dobeck for $650 or something like that. i got a full kit w/ dobeck for $550. They sound great and make good power. i havent ridden one with duals but i have raced some with duals and the better rider will win, not that big of power difference.

Oh no you di-in't!   :lol: