Remove spark arrestor from stock setup??

Started by soulless1, February 04, 2009, 09:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulless1

Start off by saying hey to all here on raptorsource   :thumbs: I couldn't find anything on removing spark arrestor from a stock 700. Mine started rattling I tightened it back up a couple times but ran out of threads (will not tighten any more). So took it out tonight bike sounds great but concerned about damage to the engine  :rolleyes: I read abunch of threads about different exhaust and F/A ratio.  I plan to get at least big 3 soon but for now??? :help

Sand84

Keep the airbox lid on..  Mine was fine and I ran it for 3-4 months like that..  I got a Big 3 for sale :grin_nod:
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

soulless1

I have a 660 I'm have to part out before to buy parts with or wife will hang me from my  :mad: 

I will be looking here soon. Looking into duals like the Barkers so far.

NeverEnough

Looks like your on the right track once you get rid of the 660. The Barkers are well worth the money imo, and they look damn right sexy :nana:. As far as the sparky out, you should be fine, my buddy ran his bike with intake and HMF full pipe for around 200 hours ::), and it looked ok inside, tho it didnt pull like it should have.
2006 Raptor 727
2009 YFZR 450

Sand84

Quote from: soulless1 on February 04, 2009, 09:38:19 PM
I have a 660 I'm have to part out before to buy parts with or wife will hang me from my  :mad: 

:lol:

Custom Carbon Creations

soulless1

:grin_nod: Ya, the duals are going to be fun. Still figuring which intake to go with I live in western AZ so LOTS of desert riding but the trails around my place have lots of fine dirt almost like flour. So need to research proper intake. Either way going to be fun.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Quote from: Sand84 on February 04, 2009, 11:21:40 PM

Well at least I don't have to ask to ride. I ride almost every day and live 2 min ride from river bottom..

Sand84

Well at least I don't have to ask to ride. I ride almost every day and live 2 min ride from river bottom..
[/quote]

That last girlfriend bitched about me riding now she is an EX Girlfriend :lol:

Custom Carbon Creations

soulless1

Quote from: Sand84 on February 05, 2009, 08:21:18 PM

[/quote]

The 660 I'm parting out was wifes  :grin_nod: (selling for parts)  :grin_nod: now she has Wolverine 450 4x4

Sand84

Quote from: soulless1 on February 05, 2009, 09:11:29 PM
Quote from: Sand84 on February 05, 2009, 08:21:18 PM

The 660 I'm parting out was wifes  :grin_nod: (selling for parts)  :grin_nod: now she has Wolverine 450 4x4
[/quote]

I bought her a Blaster she blew it up on the first trip to the dunes :confused: :lol:

Custom Carbon Creations

soulless1

The wife seized the engine on the 660 rebuilt it and then she decided she wanted diferent bike :confused: :confused:

cowtownup

tell her to make her damn mind up....  ha ha...
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

Peelz

If you need a spark arrestor, want more power, but not enough dinero...there is a spark arrestor insert from phoenix that increase circumference of stock pipe to 1 3/4" from the tiny lil' 5/8" one. Flows a lil better.  40 bucks on ebay.  Easy cheap power to start with. That is how I will be going soon. Duals will escape my budget this year.   :( Make sure you get some sort of fuel programmer before you do too much to it, though. 

and..welcome to the site. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

soulless1

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 08, 2009, 11:24:42 AM
If you need a spark arrestor, want more power, but not enough dinero...there is a spark arrestor insert from phoenix that increase circumference of stock pipe to 1 3/4" from the tiny lil' 5/8" one. Flows a lil better.  40 bucks on ebay.  Easy cheap power to start with. That is how I will be going soon. Duals will escape my budget this year.   :( Make sure you get some sort of fuel programmer before you do too much to it, though. 

and..welcome to the site. :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: Thanks for the welcome. Not to concerned right now about adding anything to the stock exhaust. I have a 660 I'm either parting for $$ to buy mods or Have someone looking to buy me the parts and trade for the whole bike will know if this is going through today. If not should be easily about to buy with $$ from part out. Bike only needs minamal work to be good again.

shookie

how do you guys take your stock spark arrestors out. I pulled at mine for ever and it wont come out. :mad:
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Danny T

tie a chain to it, and pull it with your car.

lol or try and heat it up.