Big 3

Started by FoundArealQuad, January 31, 2009, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Quote from: preddy08 on February 02, 2009, 12:02:30 PM
Get yourself a Sparks or Ron Woods and call it a day.

My choice to switch from a full HMF to duals was the looks first off.. Duals just look way better. I like to have things symetric.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on February 02, 2009, 12:05:46 PM

My choice to switch from a full HMF to duals was the looks first off.. Duals just look way better. I like to have things symetric.

The fenders are not symmetrical though Krandall. But duals do look good on these Raptors.

Met a guy at LS with the RON woods on it with no sparky, that phucker was loud!!!!

I still may go with HMF because of the Candy Blue, and I really liked the exhaust note the 660 had with it.

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 02, 2009, 12:07:44 PM

The fenders are not symmetrical though Krandall. But duals do look good on these Raptors.

Met a guy at LS with the RON woods on it with no sparky, that phucker was loud!!!!

I still may go with HMF because of the Candy Blue, and I really liked the exhaust note the 660 had with it.

one of my big pet peeves.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on February 02, 2009, 12:09:39 PM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 02, 2009, 12:07:44 PM

one of my big pet peeves.

I agree. just noticed that this weekend. Do you cut there, or just leave them? Bet you need to put some sort of insulation there or you will melt or discolor the plastic.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

FoundArealQuad

I'm going to go with duals for sure. I Just have not made my mind up on the intake, or what kind of duals yet.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Buck

From what I have heard there is ONE single that SUPPOSEDLY competes with the power of the duals..but so far its hearsay. There are good singles out there like the Ron Woods, but its been proven that the duals pull away from the competition when modding the motor....so far....

So to say that there are "singles" out there just as good as the duals is a bit of an overstatement

There are surely singles out there that are "good enough" when just doing the 3 mod build. But tests have proven over and over that duals get u the most out of your build.
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

zx10r203

Quote from: Buck on February 02, 2009, 02:25:10 PM
From what I have heard there is ONE single that SUPPOSEDLY competes with the power of the duals..but so far its hearsay. There are good singles out there like the Ron Woods, but its been proven that the duals pull away from the competition when modding the motor....so far....

So to say that there are "singles" out there just as good as the duals is a bit of an overstatement

There are surely singles out there that are "good enough" when just doing the 3 mod build. But tests have proven over and over that duals get u the most out of your build.

+1 to that!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Peelz

Just makes sense to me. Modded motors are sucking in more air. The less congested the exhaust is, the better. So a single would have to be a pretty big pipe. The ron woods pipe is relatively huge. Less back pressure means more top end. So a single might be alright for me. As I don't drag race my quads unless just for fun.  :thumbs: Time will tell. It doesn't mean I won't buy duals, those things are just plain sexy! Wish you had more finish choices though.

:nana:

Warren

Quote from: preddy08 on February 02, 2009, 10:56:28 AM
Why does everyone have such a hard-on for duals. Their are singles that perform just as well as duals, but with out the weight and hassle of dual pipes.

everyone gets such a hard on for them because when they decide to go into the engine with aftermarket piston, cam, stroke, ect. then they have alot better flowing exhaust for those set-ups. and plus like krandall said they just look cool as hell.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

preddy08

Holly shit dual nazi in the house. I've bit my tounge long enough listening to this shit.

How many times do we have to go over this. Why do you think that Morgan runs a Sparks on his PERSONAL RAPTOR!!!!!!! He even posted dyno sheets. Why do you think that KBR runs Woods on his raptors. If they can run what ever pipe they want and choose a single? What does that tell ya.

Open up your mind for ONE SECOND, that maybe, JUST MAYBE singles do work well on moded motors. Morgan and Kam sure like'em.

Just hop on the dual bandwagon.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on February 02, 2009, 02:45:47 PM

Holly shit dual nazi in the house. I've bit my tounge long enough listening to this shit.

How many times do we have to go over this. Why do you think that Morgan runs a Sparks on his PERSONAL RAPTOR!!!!!!! He even posted dyno sheets. Why do you think that KBR runs Woods on his raptors. If they can run what ever pipe they want and choose a single? What does that tell ya.

Open up your mind for ONE SECOND, that maybe, JUST MAYBE singles do work well on moded motors. Morgan and Kam sure like'em.

Just hop on the dual bandwagon.

:lol: you first! :lol:

fastraptor

I went with the monster duals because of a shootout on bluetrax but I tried just now and that link does not work anymore?? Is bluetrax site goofed up???  :help:  :help:
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Krandall

I believe Morgan is running LTE's on one of their bikes. ???

Do you think their running singles for specific applications?

Seems to me that if there was huge power to be had. Sub454, RaptorRandy, and DigitalHearing would all be switching out

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

preddy08

Quote from: Krandall on February 02, 2009, 02:55:29 PM
I believe Morgan is running LTE's on one of their bikes. ???

Do you think their running singles for specific applications?

Seems to me that if there was huge power to be had. Sub454, RaptorRandy, and DigitalHearing would all be switching out

If you go take a look at Morgans PERSONAL bike it has sparks exhaust. The one that he droped a valve.

Never said that there was huge power to be had with running singles over a dual pipe. If they are with in a HP or two I could not care less. The cost, weight, and hassel of duals just are'nt worth it to me. but thats IMHO.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

zx10r203

I like the look of the Barker Dual System

These are for you Peels!!  :thumbs: :thumbs: