Big 3

Started by FoundArealQuad, January 31, 2009, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoundArealQuad

I'm going to be adding the big three next week or week after and am wondering what the best set up is for trails and some sand would be. I will be going into the motor within the next year also. Like I said I do mostly ride trails and will be racing in at least one hair scramble this year, so I want to keep a closed airbox.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Peelz

if you are going into the motor, then you must have duals. PC3 and Pro Design Intake with K&N filter seems to be the order of the day for air/fuel. Maybe a power lid. I noticed the new 700 has a killer growl with the lid. (not running this way, just playing around)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

desdak4

I am running the Monsters, Fuel ATV Intake and PCIII. I love this combo and I ride sand (NO HILLS) and the ditches of North Dakota. A lot of my riding is around or in water and I still have had zero problems with this intake.

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

wastednuts

desdak4

Quote from: wastednuts on February 01, 2009, 01:45:07 AM
get a pc5

Yeah, now that that is out you should look inot it. I forgot about it :P

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

Warren

i would say a set of duals if you are going to do internal mods down the road. i recommend barkers but i havn't had any other set to compare to. but i know i love mine and they make great power and sound awesome. i would also recommend the FCI intake with box. i read on hear somewhere that someone is trying to make a lid for this box but i can't remember who said it. and get a PC III or maybe the PC V if you feel comfortable going with a fairly new product on the market.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

fastraptor

I went with the monster duals and love them  :thumbs:
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

preddy08

Why does everyone have such a hard-on for duals. Their are singles that perform just as well as duals, but with out the weight and hassle of dual pipes.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

zx10r203

I went with the Barker Duals, FCI intake and PCIII on my '09 SE.  Big difference!! Ran with a friend who has a '07 with Yosh RS7 single can system, pro design intake, and PCIII and my bike pulls a little more than his.  And no it wasn't the rider.  We swapped bikes and with him riding mine it still pulled on his '07. 

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on February 02, 2009, 10:56:28 AM
Why does everyone have such a hard-on for duals. Their are singles that perform just as well as duals, but with out the weight and hassle of dual pipes.

and those singles are...... you didn't finish the thought Preddy. I would like to know.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

zx10r203

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 02, 2009, 11:05:55 AM

and those singles are...... you didn't finish the thought Preddy. I would like to know.

He meant to say "There are singles.."

Peelz

Quote from: zx10r203 on February 02, 2009, 11:43:55 AM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on February 02, 2009, 11:05:55 AM

He meant to say "There are singles.."

Yeah, I am wondering which ones he is talking about.

Kenneth

Quote from: Polarass525 on January 31, 2009, 10:27:52 PM
I'm going to be adding the big three next week or week after and am wondering what the best set up is for trails and some sand would be. I will be going into the motor within the next year also. Like I said I do mostly ride trails and will be racing in at least one hair scramble this year, so I want to keep a closed airbox.

I'd go with the Barkers, LTE , Or DMC Dual exhaust. You can't really go wrong with any of those. All three have pretty good customer service and should be around a long time. Out of the three above I think most people on the forums favor the Barker. I know from first hand experience that the DMC Twin are awesome on the trails...They supply a nice hit between each gear with my riding style..

I installed these on a friends Raptor a few years ago.. they've held up great

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

preddy08

Get yourself a Sparks or Ron Woods and call it a day.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kenneth

Quote from: preddy08 on February 02, 2009, 12:02:30 PM
Get yourself a Sparks or Ron Woods and call it a day.

I haven't seen a sparks recommendation in years I think. haha   8)
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com