Parking Break

Started by raptey, January 24, 2009, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptey

I am wondering if the 05  raptor 660 will fit on the 01. I want to switch it over to the new model of parking break. I need to keep the break for my trailer and a hill I park on. so getting rid of it is not a option. Also is it expensive to switch it over.
2001 Raptor 660R in Maxxis razor2 tires, ITP rims, FMF Q Pipe, Jet kit, kn air filter,pro armor A-arm guards,pro armor skid plate, gytr frame guards and hand protectors,proarmor full frame skid plate, side winder front rear sprokets and sidewinder chain, ac racing grab bar,IMS foot pegs, IMS nerf bars and heal guards, bomb squad bumper, renthal handle bars, scott grips.gytr head light guards.

zacharkins

i jsut took all my parking brake equipment off of my 04  and i was told that all the 660 raptors have the same exact connections/hookups

if you need any parts il sell ya mine!   

02raptor660

you need to rethink getting rid of the parking brake. i took mine off the day i got the quad.  on a trailer put it in gear and tie it down real good, you can get a strap thats made to pull your front brake lever during towing.  as far as parking on a hill just put it in gear.
if you are still set on keeping it then yes they are all the same
mike

zacharkins

Quote from: 02raptor660 on March 11, 2009, 08:14:10 AM
you need to rethink getting rid of the parking brake. i took mine off the day i got the quad.  on a trailer put it in gear and tie it down real good, you can get a strap thats made to pull your front brake lever during towing.  as far as parking on a hill just put it in gear.
if you are still set on keeping it then yes they are all the same
mike

i agree with ya completely except for leaving it in gear on the trailer.     i was told by my friend who is a bike/atv certified mechanic that it is really hard on the transmission,    so i just leave mine in neutral with the gas turned off while towing with it tied down with four straps(2 in front 2 in back)     

iluvdirt

Yeah, it's definetly bad to leave it in gear.
2005 Raptor 660, Red/white
Full LRD Pro4, Dynojet,
Lid off, UNI filter, PowerMadd guards
+2 ASR a-arms, YFZ shocks
Trac Star tires, 50 watt lights
Moose Pro Plate bumper
Tusk nerfs