Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Valve question  (Read 877 times)

Offline foodaguard

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Valve question
« on: January 13, 2009, 08:41:25 PM »
Ok so i just got a 01 raptor and i went through the bike and when i went to ajust the valves the intake were fine but the exhaust were tight. I thought it waasent ad TDC so i turned her over and checked again to be shure and i was at TDC so i ajusted them out and when i went to start it would turn till sompression stroke then stop. So I took it apart and turned the ajusters till they touched the valve and locked them in> When i went to start her she started right up. My question is what could cause that? Bad valves? Nees a valve job? something worse?

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
Re: Valve question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 06:06:45 AM »
i had a similar problem when i put my 700 back together. first off i had the wrong mark on the stator for tdc.I was looking at the I mark and not the H mark or the other way around.cant remember which mark i needed but i had thewrong one. and because of that i was off one tooth on the cam gear. make sure you have the right mark for tdc. all i can say is thank got i rolled my motor by hand not with the sarter or i would have grenaded it. It would make 1 revolution by hand and lock up tight.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:39:48 AM by 1badazz_700r »

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Offline foodaguard

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Valve question
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »
The cam didnt have the compression release installed so im getting that and am goint to ajust the valves and see if theat works