whos getting worried about their jobs???

Started by Warren, January 08, 2009, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scurry57

Im not worried about my job yet. grocery distribution is still pretty solid. The holiday volume was down about half of last year but people still need groceries. If we go under then the economy is really hurting.

2008 yamaha 700r raptor
HMF exhaust full system
pcIII
rock nerfs
velocity intake
airbox lid removed
custom made grab bar (by warren)
(soon to be) hc2

Peelz

Quote from: air on January 09, 2009, 04:47:40 PM
I got my layoff notice Oct 1st for on before or after Feb 14th.  ???  Corporate  decided to outsource my fleet of trucks to ARI to save money. rofl: I have been there over 11 years.
The good thing is they like me there and offered me and the other fleet mechanic a job in plant maintenance. No pay cut or loss of benefits I got lucky.  But this old dog is having to learn new tricks and  I DO NOT LIKE 480 volts.
I loose my 6:30 AM -3 shift now have to work 10:00 am - 6:30. Sucks for getting out of town to camp and ride.
But at least I am employed.

We also announced 450 layoffs yesterday company wide. 317 actual layoffs and the rest by not filling open positions.
We only lost 2 in SLC the company is actually doing good here.

There is talk of my shift changing as well. But beats the alternative....
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

FoundArealQuad

I really planned on getting out of the Army this year, but now I had to re up for the long haul. My wife just graduated from college for accounting and is struggling to find a job. I guess things could be a lot worse for us, I just was hoping not to deploy again :(
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Dhunter1231

Sorry to hear about the rest of you guys. I don't have to worry about getting laid off being a New Orleans Police Officer will never go without need. Just have to make sure I don't get shot thats all. Pros and Cons I guess.   :confused:
700 SE, Barker's, FCI, PCIII, Prog. Dyna. Ignition, 11:1 JE, HC 3, Port & Polish, +3 TB

Flynbyu

Quote from: Dhunter1231 on January 10, 2009, 04:07:32 AM
Sorry to hear about the rest of you guys. I don't have to worry about getting laid off being a New Orleans Police Officer will never go without need. Just have to make sure I don't get shot thats all. Pros and Cons I guess.   :confused:

NOLA!

I bet you stay BUSY.

Welcome aboard.

`Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Dhunter1231

Quote from: Flynbyu on January 10, 2009, 07:55:03 AM

NOLA!

I bet you stay BUSY.

Welcome aboard.

Oh yeah never a dull moment at my job.

good to be here

`Brian
700 SE, Barker's, FCI, PCIII, Prog. Dyna. Ignition, 11:1 JE, HC 3, Port & Polish, +3 TB

Kenneth

Kentucky in the past has laid off police officers for budget cuts... None of the local stations are hiring her either at this time..  I guess it just depends on where you live.

Stay Safe!!

Kenneth
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Peelz

Crime is recession proof.  :thumbs:  Same with health care.

And Narcotics Marketing (drug dealing) :lol: ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kenneth

Quote from: Polarass525 on January 10, 2009, 12:21:07 AM
I really planned on getting out of the Army this year, but now I had to re up for the long haul. My wife just graduated from college for accounting and is struggling to find a job. I guess things could be a lot worse for us, I just was hoping not to deploy again :(

If you have a good record I'm sure you could transfer to a state/city police position without the required two year college degree. It's something I would check out if I didn't want to deploy again. A few of my friends left the navy and joined the police force... They wanted me to apply with them since I have my criminal justice degree, but i'm tied up with KBM and had to pass up that opportunity.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

Kenneth

Quote from: Peels660 on January 10, 2009, 11:15:35 PM
Crime is recession proof.  :thumbs:  Same with health care.

And Narcotics Marketing (drug dealing) :lol: ;)

LOL...
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

Dhunter1231

bamaquad

Mercedes is only saying that they can guarantee me and Bo 30 hr weeks. The way the news has been lately about nobody buying new vehicles we will prolly get bad news when we return on Jan. 20 after being off since Dec. 16th.

Flynbyu

Quote from: bamaquad on January 12, 2009, 07:33:50 PM
Mercedes is only saying that they can guarantee me and Bo 30 hr weeks. The way the news has been lately about nobody buying new vehicles we will prolly get bad news when we return on Jan. 20 after being off since Dec. 16th.

We have people coming in the doors to buy, we just have very few banks that will extend credit. As a dealer, we cannot sell autos if banks won't loan money on them. We have cancelled orders on over $2,000,000 worth of new Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Pontiac vehicles here. We have too much inventory now, and can't sell it.

If the funds used to help banks out were used properly, they would have been used in the credit markets to loan money vs. use the money to pay off debts.

I pray the credit markets will free up so that we may sell more cars, order from the factories.

I'll keep praying and selling, you keep building!

:thumbs:

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

1badazz_700r

i got fired from fritolay after being there for 4 years. I got caught not wearing my safety harness on a forklift :( i worked over 3400 hours last year, not much time off but the money was good. On a good note i just got a job driving local delivery for coca-cola.Now i can have weekends off to ride with the guys. havent had a weekend off in the last 4 years unless i used vacation time

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Warren

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on January 13, 2009, 11:35:17 AM
i got fired from fritolay after being there for 4 years. I got caught not wearing my safety harness on a forklift :( i worked over 3400 hours last year, not much time off but the money was good. On a good note i just got a job driving local delivery for coca-cola.Now i can have weekends off to ride with the guys. havent had a weekend off in the last 4 years unless i used vacation time

they were probably just looking for a reason to get rid of people due to bad economy. unless you got caught doing that all the time i would think you should have just got a write up or something.

well best of luck to all you guys. i hope the economy picks up alittle bit soon.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB