whos getting worried about their jobs???

Started by Warren, January 08, 2009, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Quote from: RaptorRyan on January 09, 2009, 10:41:35 AM
Well... all hope is lost for me. The place i was working was supposed to be hiring 8 new guys at the beginning of the year.. (this was talked about for 6 months before) Well turns out they were only gonna hire 2 and just let some of us go. They let us know 1 1/2 weeks ahead of our quiting time! What a joke.. even though I was only doing an internship there, they said they ere going to hire the 4 interns plus 4 other guys. Well.. here i sit now.. jobless.. and to make matters even better! NO places are hiring! Now what am i supposed to do.. I dont even get enough $ from unemployment do pay bills.. im screwed.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RYan

your an electrician right?  How do you feel about central WI?  My father is the head of maintance (and former union VP) at the Domtar plant in Wausau.

NCHKustoms

Not quite an electrician.. its a lineworker.. work on the poles along the roads, house meters, transformers (the green boxes in your yards), that type of stuff. Nothing inside a house. I dont really mind where.. just not the otherside of the world, id like to be able to ride my toys still.
2004 Honda 440ex.

Future Raptor Owner.

Colorado700R

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on January 09, 2009, 10:51:16 AM
Well... all hope is lost for me. The place i was working was supposed to be hiring 8 new guys at the beginning of the year.. (this was talked about for 6 months before) Well turns out they were only gonna hire 2 and just let some of us go. They let us know 1 1/2 weeks ahead of our quiting time! What a joke.. even though I was only doing an internship there, they said they ere going to hire the 4 interns plus 4 other guys. Well.. here i sit now.. jobless.. and to make matters even better! NO places are hiring! Now what am i supposed to do.. I dont even get enough $ from unemployment do pay bills.. im screwed.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RYan

your an electrician right?  How do you feel about central WI?  My father is the head of maintance (and former union VP) at the Domtar plant in Wausau.

Domtar Paper?

We buy $hit-tons of paper from them. Cool.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

RYan

and we're drivin 18ish hours to pick up a sled.  ???

:lol:

priorities right!  :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenneth

I honestly think everyone should be worried. Nothing comes out of a falling economy... In the mean time the guys who stay on the net should check out things to do in their free time.. Amazon, Best Buy , Target , KB Motorsports, Godaddy, and a few others have affiliate policy's that are worth looking into to make a little extra side money by putting links in your signatures (forums) , myspace , face book, etc and earn money if people click on and purchase something.

I honestly cant believe GM and Ford is struggling to stay in business. They are everywhere around here....
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com

Peelz

Quote from: KB Motorsports on January 09, 2009, 12:03:39 PM
I honestly think everyone should be worried. Nothing comes out of a falling economy... In the mean time the guys who stay on the net should check out things to do in their free time.. Amazon, Best Buy , Target , KB Motorsports, Godaddy, and a few others have affiliate policy's that are worth looking into to make a little extra side money by putting links in your signatures (forums) , myspace , face book, etc and earn money if people click on and purchase something.

I honestly cant believe GM and Ford is struggling to stay in business. They are everywhere around here....

Nice plug :lol: :lol:

Kenneth

Quote from: Peels660 on January 09, 2009, 12:08:46 PM
Quote from: KB Motorsports on January 09, 2009, 12:03:39 PM

Nice plug :lol: :lol:

Haha I'm glad you caught the plug in now go sign up!  :clap: :rofl:
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

NCHKustoms

Quote from: Krandall on January 09, 2009, 11:30:31 AM

RYan

and we're drivin 18ish hours to pick up a sled.  ???

:lol:

priorities right!  :clap:

Priorities is correct! Notrhing else to do.. might as well cruuuuiize   8)
2004 Honda 440ex.

Future Raptor Owner.

Lady4Fiddy

I can't lose something I don't have. I'm self employed basically. When someone needs the products I sell, they call me and place an order then I make a few bucks.  But it would be nice if that picked up a bit.
Good luck to all on keeping your jobs and finding jobs. Something has got to give soon.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Kenneth

Quote from: RappyPrincess on January 09, 2009, 01:59:47 PM
I can't lose something I don't have. I'm self employed basically. When someone needs the products I sell, they call me and place an order then I make a few bucks.  But it would be nice if that picked up a bit.
Good luck to all on keeping your jobs and finding jobs. Something has got to give soon.

What do you sell?
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
270-774-1982

Scott011422

We're not doing too bad right now. We are slowing down, but with a steady influx of new projects we're still running 2 12 hour shifts. In fact we're now machining the avionic's racks for the new Boeing 787 DreamLiner. But many in the Job Shop field in this area were not so lucky. Thankfully many of our customers are not hugly affected by the ecconomy. Still holding by breath though. Good luck to us all..........
2006 700r Raptor
Vapor
Trailtech HID's
ProArmor SkidPlate
LED Underglow

S.K.700r

had the same kind of meeting last night im #45 out of 156 so im safe for a couple of weeks.thank GERD for my UNION.

air

I got my layoff notice Oct 1st for on before or after Feb 14th.  ???  Corporate  decided to outsource my fleet of trucks to ARI to save money. rofl: I have been there over 11 years.
The good thing is they like me there and offered me and the other fleet mechanic a job in plant maintenance. No pay cut or loss of benefits I got lucky.  But this old dog is having to learn new tricks and  I DO NOT LIKE 480 volts.
I loose my 6:30 AM -3 shift now have to work 10:00 am - 6:30. Sucks for getting out of town to camp and ride.
But at least I am employed.

We also announced 450 layoffs yesterday company wide. 317 actual layoffs and the rest by not filling open positions.
We only lost 2 in SLC the company is actually doing good here.

Rusty