Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume III

Started by Flynbyu, May 20, 2008, 05:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

I just got a call with some very bad news.  The owner of the team that I used to race for was out riding with his long time gf on their harleys and she was out in front when a truck pulled out into her path and she was killed instantly.  Jim was like a dad to me and we always joked around by calling each other "dad" or "son" and I looked at Linda like an adopted mom.  Jim just lost his daughter two years ago to an OD so this is a lot for him.  I have no idea what to think right now.

http://www.dailypress.net/page/content.detail/id/503893.html
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 28, 2008, 11:50:19 AM
I just got a call with some very bad news.  The owner of the team that I used to race for was out riding with his long time gf on their harleys and she was out in front when a truck pulled out into her path and she was killed instantly.  Jim was like a dad to me and we always joked around by calling each other "dad" or "son" and I looked at Linda like an adopted mom.  Jim just lost his daughter two years ago to an OD so this is a lot for him.  I have no idea what to think right now.

Man, I'm sorry bro.   :(

Colorado700R

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 28, 2008, 11:50:19 AM

That's aweful, all my thoughts and Prayers E  :(

Aaron

Flynbyu

Very sorry to hear this E.

We'll keep the family in our prayers.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

If the weather is ok my dad is going to come down to get me tomorrow.  I just can't take too much time off work but I want to be there for the service. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Looks like the weather will cooperate with dad tomorrow coming into Chicago area. 20% chance of afternoon T-Storms in the late afternoon.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 28, 2008, 01:34:35 PM
Looks like the weather will cooperate with dad tomorrow coming into Chicago area. 20% chance of afternoon T-Storms in the late afternoon.

~Brian

It would be much better if he would just finish his IFR.  Just fly high and fast.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on May 28, 2008, 01:36:15 PM

~Brian

It would be much better if he would just finish his IFR.  Just fly high and fast.

I did not enjoy the IFR hood. 

LittleBuddha

I just got an email from my friend about how he was all pissed off and he was gonna boycott Starbucks because they were anti war and didn't support the troops.  So I sent him the link to http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm and said, sucker.  I just got his retraction email.    :lol:

Flynbyu

~Brian

IFR rating just teaches pilots to know when NOT to fly.

"Weather is too bad, screw it."

:lol:

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: LittleBuddha on May 28, 2008, 01:37:52 PM

~Brian

The hood sucks.

I completely hate staring at gauges. Glass cockpits though are a different story.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: LittleBuddha on May 28, 2008, 01:38:24 PM
I just got an email from my friend about how he was all pissed off and he was gonna boycott Starbucks because they were anti war and didn't support the troops.  So I sent him the link to http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm and said, sucker.  I just got his retraction email.    :lol:

Snopes.com has some really good shit on their site too.

Everything from political rumors, photo hoaxes (some morbid shit), you name it!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 28, 2008, 01:39:42 PM
Quote from: LittleBuddha on May 28, 2008, 01:37:52 PM

~Brian

The hood sucks.

I completely hate staring at gauges. Glass cockpits though are a different story.

~Brian

I was smoked after that.  It was night too.   :confused:

Colorado700R

I just found out that all of Colorado Springs is gridlocked becuase The President is at the USAF academy graduation  :mad:

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on May 28, 2008, 01:46:37 PM
I just found out that all of Colorado Springs is gridlocked becuase The President is at the USAF academy graduation  :mad:

He was just here.  McCain was fellating him.