Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume III

Started by Flynbyu, May 20, 2008, 05:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

It's cool that the A-10 squadron is there.  That's an infantrymens best friend.  Lots of people say the're ugly, but I think they're awesome.  Quiet, tough as hell, and armed to the teeth.  The sound of that 30mm GAU gives me a chubby  :grin_nod:

Flynbyu

Here is Col. Wear coming in from flight ops. I love how our local squadron has painted the pissed off hog on the nose.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on May 27, 2008, 11:19:16 AM
It's cool that the A-10 squadron is there.  That's an infantrymens best friend.  Lots of people say the're ugly, but I think they're awesome.  Quiet, tough as hell, and armed to the teeth.  The sound of that 30mm GAU gives me a chubby  :grin_nod:

The AH-64D and A-10 are my best friends.   :thumbs:

Davis Monthan in Tucson has A-10's

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 27, 2008, 11:24:21 AM

Here is Col. Wear coming in from flight ops. I love how our local squadron has painted the pissed off hog on the nose.

~Brian

That's just an awesome machine!!!

A little A-10 development trivia....

The two Prime Contractors for the USAF A-X aircraft were Farchild with the YA-10 and Northrop with the YA-9.  The USAF had a tough choice between two great designs, but the A-10 was choosen as the winner.

If you want to see what the Northrop YA-9 looked like, see the SU-25 Frogfoot  :mad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_YA-9

LittleBuddha

My favorite prop place was the A-1 Skyraider AKA Flying Dumptruck.  A customer of mine worked for Skunkworks and he gave me a beautiful matted framed photo of an SR-71 being refueled.  That was an airplane.   :thumbs:

Flynbyu

The Frogfoot is a beast....It's still used today!

The A-1 is AWESOME. Big ass radial engine!

The A-1E had a side by side pilot configuration.....It was a much bigger aircraft.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Raptorfreeeek

Quote from: LittleBuddha on May 27, 2008, 11:34:54 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on May 27, 2008, 11:19:16 AM

The AH-64D and A-10 are my best friends.   :thumbs:

Davis Monthan in Tucson has A-10's

They also have an A-10 guard unit here in Idaho.....boise.

RF Out!
2007 Raptor 700SE Orange/Black
PIAA Head Light Bulbs
DMC Duals
PC III Power Programmer
Pro Filter
Pro Taper SE Handlebars / Renthal Kevlar Grips
GYTR Skids all around
Pro Armor Black Rear Grab Bar /Black Front Grab Bar
Pro Armor Black Foot Pegs/Heel Guards
Maxxis Razr 2 Front and Rear Tires
Trail Tech Vapor
Renthal 15T Front Sprocket
Renthal Chain

Jester2893

I HATE MY SCHOOL. It was so hot in school today, its ridiculous.
=[

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 27, 2008, 12:27:35 PM
The Frogfoot is a beast....It's still used today!

The A-1 is AWESOME. Big ass radial engine!

The A-1E had a side by side pilot configuration.....It was a much bigger aircraft.

~Brian

That's why I always loved the A-6E.  The side by side configuration always looked kinda bitchin'.  The EA-6B Prowler electronic warfare model was crazy with four people in that sumbitch.  

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Jester2893 on May 27, 2008, 12:35:54 PM
I HATE MY SCHOOL. It was so hot in school today, its ridiculous.

How hot was it?    :lol:

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 27, 2008, 12:45:54 PM
Not Africa hot like AZ!

~Brian

It's about to get hotter than two rats fuckin' in a wool sock out here.   :confused:

Flynbyu

Quote from: LittleBuddha on May 27, 2008, 12:47:53 PM
Not Africa hot like AZ!

~Brian

It's about to get hotter than two rats fuckin' in a wool sock out here.   :confused:

We had a big ass storm this morning, so it's nice and cool today.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on May 27, 2008, 01:10:06 PM
Not Africa hot like AZ!

~Brian

We had a big ass storm this morning, so it's nice and cool today.

~Brian

Thanks for that.   :confused:

Jesus, I swear this fuckin' job is gonna kill me.  I just got into it with some old lady that that thought it was ok to lie and raise her voice to me.  She's always been a GIGANTIC pain in the ass but my coworker has usually handled her in the past and he puts up with a lot of shit from people.  I ripped her ass up one side and down the other.  She tried to get all passive aggressive with me.  As soon as I started yelling back at her and told her that I was not about to listen to her yell at me, especially so close to Memorial Day as I am a goddamn veteran, she got all passive and tried to act like an innocent old lady.  FERK that.  The look on her face was priceless after I called her a pain in the ass, among many other things.  Bitch.   :mad:

kyledvor61

Quote from: LittleBuddha on May 27, 2008, 01:23:01 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on May 27, 2008, 01:10:06 PM
Not Africa hot like AZ!

~Brian

We had a big ass storm this mornig, so it's nice and cool today.

~Brian

Thanks for that.   :confused:

Jesus, I swear this fuckin' job is gonna kill me.  I just got into it with some old lady that that thought it was ok to lie and raise her voice to me.  She's always been a GIGANTIC pain in the ass but my coworker has usually handled her in the past and he puts up with a lot of shit from people.  I ripped her ass up one side and down the other.  She tried to get all passive aggressive with me.  As soon as I started yelling back at her and told her that I was not about to listen to her yell at me, especially so close to Memorial Day as I am a goddamn veteran, she got all passive and tried to act like an innocent old lady.  FERK that.  The look on her face was priceless after I called her a pain in the ass, among many other things.  Bitch.   :mad:

Maybe if you were taller she would take you seriously.

What do you do?