Word on the street: New Barkers!

Started by Krandall, May 20, 2008, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyledvor61

Quote from: 1FST690 on June 15, 2008, 10:00:08 PM
I think these pipes are dirrected for the BB stroker dragracing and the cans may not have a sparky or not meet DBL requirements for those that have them. Why show pictures of a can that may not be beneficial to the general public. The dragrace guy that truly want to be the fastest really doesnt care what it looks like as long as it out performs the competition. At least that is my take on things. If they perform on a big engine like they have been shown to do, I could care what the can looks like as long as I am first to the finishline! Just my .02

but your drag 660 looks badass AND im sure it will be quick too :lol:

1FST690

Quote from: kyledvor61 on June 15, 2008, 10:02:48 PM
I think these pipes are dirrected for the BB stroker dragracing and the cans may not have a sparky or not meet DBL requirements for those that have them. Why show pictures of a can that may not be beneficial to the general public. The dragrace guy that truly want to be the fastest really doesnt care what it looks like as long as it out performs the competition. At least that is my take on things. If they perform on a big engine like they have been shown to do, I could care what the can looks like as long as I am first to the finishline! Just my .02

Thanks for the compliment! I personally like the Looney cans on there over the Barker reverse megaphones. It has the Barker headers but it was about 15 dbl over limit so we had to do something different. On the track it will have the Barker cans, its about a 5 min. swap.
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

kyledvor61

Quote from: 1FST690 on June 15, 2008, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on June 15, 2008, 10:02:48 PM

Thanks for the compliment! I personally like the Looney cans on there over the Barker reverse megaphones. It has the Barker headers but it was about 15 dbl over limit so we had to do something different. On the track it will have the Barker cans, its about a 5 min. swap.

15 db's louder damn

1FST690

You would not believe how loud those dragpipes are! The reverse megaphones have no packing or anything in them. They are completely hollow inside the "muffler" They work awesome though and are worth about 2 hp over the looney's
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

Krandall

15db's that's fookin nuts. I can't imagine that at all. ::)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

NaturalRaptor

I can't wait to see some of the results from RF! Someone said it will only be a few weeks!
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

socalrappy700

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on June 18, 2008, 01:04:04 PM
I can't wait to see some of the results from RF! Someone said it will only be a few weeks!

yeah, I'm sure Jason is working hard on it.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum