Torrents

Started by Flynbyu, December 27, 2008, 12:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Okay, I need some help. Explain it to me like a three year old or shoot me a link that explains how to use torrents.

Thanks!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

I'll do a write up for ya tonight.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

dgreenbluet

I know Krandall will have all the details for you but ill just tell you what i use. 

I use www.utorrent.com as the "download manager" for the torrent files. Very small and easy to use program

I use http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq= to find the torrents i want.  This website also has alot of good info.  I like this website alot because it has comments about the quality of the torrent and people will tell you if they found a trojan in it or somin like that.  I dont know all the details about how bit torrents work but i know its pretty much a peer 2 peer file sharing system.  Krandall will give a much better write up im sure. 

08 Rapester/734cc 105.5mm Bore/11:1 JE Piston/Big Bore Barkers/FCI wBox/Dynateck Prog. Ign./PCIII/15T Sprocket/Trail Tech Vapor wDash Mount/Moose Nerf, Heel Guards, Race Pegs/Full Skids/Bling Star Victory Bumper/Six Pack Rack

preddy08

Its really easy. Download a torrent downloader and get started. go to download.com and download the most commen torrent and go to isohunt.com and start downloading. I use http://www.download.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=torrent&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows and it works great!!!!!!!!! If you have any problems just ask. Its really a matter of getting the download dissucssed and downloading it. its really easy. I got 30+GB of music in less than a day.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Flynbyu

I downloaded Vuze at work and used it a few times yesterday. I understand the concept but is there anything I should know about doing movies, etc?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Kamakazi

with movies i only download the ones posted by "axxo"  i find they are the most reliable and arent screeners.  i love avi files an use vlc player to play them, as for music, havent had any trouble with any of them, usually grab the discography cuz i have like 4tb on my server so i have lots of room :)  when it comes to programs and games we will help you out if u need
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Flynbyu

Thanks for the input!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

socalrappy700

Ok, what the hell is a torrent?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on December 29, 2008, 07:50:13 AM
Ok, what the hell is a torrent?

That's what I'm just starting to figure out.....Easier way to download shiznit.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I was slacking so I didn't do it... looks like they got you set up for the most part. the main thing I look for when downloading torrents is looking for the ones that a  lot of people have seeding/torrenting that way you can be sure that the risk is low for a virus. I've been torrenting for quite a while and am yet to get a virus. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Flynbyu

I want to download a couple of movies to put on my wife's phone.....Just for shits and giggles.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on December 29, 2008, 08:08:40 AM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I was slacking so I didn't do it... looks like they got you set up for the most part. the main thing I look for when downloading torrents is looking for the ones that a  lot of people have seeding/torrenting that way you can be sure that the risk is low for a virus. I've been torrenting for quite a while and am yet to get a virus. :thumbs:

Well....except for that uncomfortable one that causes itching..... ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

it is illegal for somebody to share an entire file or game because they are copyrighted, so to beat the copyright system what they do is break up each file into little bits (hence the name bit torrent)  it is not illegal to share part of a file so what happens when you dl a torrent is you take bits of files from different people (seeders and leachers).  seeders are the people that have the entire file and leachers are the people who are downloading like yourself.  the more people who are seeding/leaching a file, the faster you will be able to download because every person who is seeding/leaching is sharing with you.  hope this makes sense.  i personally do not like vuze because i think it is a system hog and hard to use, i personally like utorrent because its easy on system resources and easy to use. 
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

BLU700R

I might have to try this as well :thumbs:
+2 TB+GYTR full exhaust+12.1 JE+PCIII+15T+HotCams2+GYTR Intake+Iridium Plug=Crazy Badassness

Man do I miss my wheeler :(