flex bars and new GPR3 stabilizer

Started by Kamakazi, December 19, 2008, 09:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck

I love my CCP stabilizer.  :grin_nod: They make a huge difference in arm fatique and how the quad handles when hitting rocks, bumps, ruts etc....they keep bars and the quad from jolting around  :thumbs:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Peelz

Quote from: Buck on December 21, 2008, 03:04:15 PM
I love my CCP stabilizer.  :grin_nod: They make a huge difference in arm fatique and how the quad handles when hitting rocks, bumps, ruts etc....they keep bars and the quad from jolting around  :thumbs:

Does it slow down the steering? Or is that an adjustment you can make? I am very interested for the fatigue issue.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

quotes taken off of the gpr site hope this clarifies some things about stabilizers in general.

I've heard your damper has no high speed dampening. What's the difference between high/low dampening?

This is a great question. If you know what high and low speed dampening is, you would laugh at our competition and their claims. To start, you can't have one without the other (high/low speed dampening). Low speed comes with high speed and visa-versa. Any damper, including ours, would be useless w/o high speed valving or dampening. We get our valving through a single port made of only hard, anodized aluminum (nothing to contaminate or break down the oil) that on impact will restrict the flow of oil (Fluid, volume transfer). The harder the impact, the more high speed dampening it has. No unnecessary dials or parts to fail. We do have high speed dampening and a high-speed circuit. What we don't have is a 2nd external adjuster dial for that circuit, as both high and low speed dampening are controlled with the single, large, dial instead of a separate, blind adjustment dial. It is a true on the fly adjustment that has a numerical reference, so you know where it is set at all times, no guess work here.

I've noticed that when I rotate my bars, left to right, the damper breaks free at the end of the stroke. Is my damper broke?

This is normal. Roughly 15 degrees off of "0", or center, an internal mechanism called a sweep brake goes into effect. The nice thing about this is once you hit that 15 degrees going back the opposite way, you have dampening all the way back to center. We believe that there are rocks on both sides of the trail, not just one. Why have a damper that only works half the time? When returning to center, you might think that you would be fighting to go straight. This is the furthest from the truth. A properly installed/set up kit will function just like your stock bike (with out the damper), but have the added benefits of a GPR.

on a side note, if anybody has pics of thier flexbar setup could you post them up :clap:

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Blair

hmmm i really like the sounds of that... might be something that i look into in the spring...

with 2 - 3 feet of snow on the ground and weather like this

(camera phone and the themomter in the truck this AM)

the rappy is offically "parked" for the winter  :(  now time to break out the sticks and head into the mountains
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Kamakazi

sled season for sure man, im getting flex bars in for sleds too, they are made of a different steel so u can put heated grips on.  let e mknow if you are interested in those as well, same price as quoted, i am not a dealer, i just work at a dealer in case of some confusion, and i want to help out the canadian folk who dont have easy acess like our american friends have
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

fire raptor

I just spoke with Precision in Lodi Ca. They stated that they have no plans to discontinue their existing stabilizer. What they are doing is getting ready to release a Pro Model that is designed for higher temps above 90 deg. They denied having any problems with their units. Precision has a long record of major riders using their product, Wimmer,Rath,Natalie,Farr,byrd,Little,Balance and Gust just to name a few. They are also used by pro teams such as Yamaha,Suzuki,Honda and KTM. I do not work or am I any way involved with precision. I do use one of their stabilizers. My son uses a CCP and I have stated in the past on this forum both are good units. I just want claims and statments to be fair and honest. Kamikazi, This is nothing personal against you as you were just repeating what you were told. I am sure GPR was mistaken in the brand with no malace intended. FR.

Kamakazi

awesome to hear :thumbs:, they may must have been mistaken with another brand.  thanks fr for clearing the air

Gunz

Quote from: Peels660 on December 21, 2008, 03:22:20 PM

Does it slow down the steering? Or is that an adjustment you can make? I am very interested for the fatigue issue.

Not necessarily, it basically stiffens up the steering and takes out the slop. However most are adjustable and will adjust to suit you. I promise you your stamina will last longer with a stabilizer. I have personally never had nor seen a bad stabilizer of any brand.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

fire raptor

Gunz

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on December 22, 2008, 03:51:23 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on December 21, 2008, 03:22:20 PM

Not necessarily, it basically stiffens up the steering and takes out the slop. However most are adjustable and will adjust to suit you. I promise you your stamina will last longer with a stabilizer. I have personally never had or seen a bad stabilizer of any brand.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

fire raptor

One of my riding buddies has a 660 and had trouble finding a puck style stabilizer and ended up using the stick style and likes it just fine. Made a big difference for him at the end of the day. At our age if you can still walk and lift your arms after ride time it is doing its job.

wobble

Quote from: fire raptor on December 22, 2008, 03:37:26 PM
I just spoke with Precision in Lodi Ca. They stated that they have no plans to discontinue their existing stabilizer. What they are doing is getting ready to release a Pro Model that is designed for higher temps above 90 deg. They denied having any problems with their units. Precision has a long record of major riders using their product, Wimmer,Rath,Natalie,Farr,byrd,Little,Balance and Gust just to name a few. They are also used by pro teams such as Yamaha,Suzuki,Honda and KTM. I do not work or am I any way involved with precision. I do use one of their stabilizers. My son uses a CCP and I have stated in the past on this forum both are good units. I just want claims and statments to be fair and honest. Kamikazi, This is nothing personal against you as you were just repeating what you were told. I am sure GPR was mistaken in the brand with no malace intended. FR.

Thanks for the clarification and taking the time to do this. People should be careful about posting "hearsay". This is how rumors get started and can lead to companies gaining poor reputations unnecessarily.

Quote from: kamakazi on December 19, 2008, 09:18:07 PM
i am told by gpr that the precision stabilizer is going to be discontinued and pulled off the market because they seem to be falling apart.  i am also told that precision is working on a new design to replace thier current one but no one knows what kind of style they are working on.

If what was said is true, to resort to business tactics like this is extremely unprofessional.

Kamakazi, can you please provide us with the name of the representative at GPR that told you this information? I'm certain both companies sponsor professional racers and would not want negative publicity regarding their product or business tactics.

fire raptor

I think this whole thing could take on a life of its own if it continues. Kamikazi said it was most likley a mistake by GPR. I am going to give GPR the benefit of doubt unless they prove otherwise in the future. I have looked at their web sight and they appear to be a very professional operation. Precision is at this time is ATV exclusive for their stabilizers. As stated in this thread they at this time have the major market for and with the top pro riders and teams. GPR is primarily a motorcycle stabilizer that is used by many top racers worldwide. From their web sight I get the idea that they are getting ready to enter the ATV market in a much larger fashion than they have in the past.Kamikazi made a statement then said it must be a mistake that is all we can ask from a person. Lets bury this dog and move on!

wobble