flex bars and new GPR3 stabilizer

Started by Kamakazi, December 19, 2008, 09:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

hey guys i just got setup with a flex bar and the new GpR3 stabalizer.  cant wait until they arrive.  ill let you guys know how everything turns out.  they are suppose to be pretty bad ass.   here is the link for the stabalizer    http://www.lrpdistributing.com/lrpenglish.htm  Allan at Lachapelle racing was awesome to deal with and i thank him so much.  anybody in the states should give him a call for the stabilizer, and if you are in canada, you can give me a call as I am now a dealer for them.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

Really interested to hear how you like the GpR3.. They did a writeup in DirtWheels on a bunch of Stabilizers and that one got decent reviews.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

I can't see anything on the link about stabilizers.  Is it a puck style or a stick style?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

it has a remote adjustment that mounts on the handle bars by your grips, i believe that the actual unit mounts at the top of the steering stem to acomodate different bars and stems.  i am told by gpr that the precision stabilizer is going to be discontinued and pulled off the market because they seem to be falling apart.  i am also told that precision is working on a new design to replace thier current one but no one knows what kind of style they are working on.  nearly all of the high end motocross teams in the usa are running a gpr.  the unit is pricey, but im sure it will pay itself off in no time.  as soon as i get my pieces in the new year, ill take lots of pics for you guys and gals.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Kamakazi

fire raptor

I have no doubt that the unit that you are going to rep is a fine unit. But to this point the Precision has been the unit that ALL others are compared to. Now Elka has had some problems with their two units the 3 and 5. I will do some investigating and find out about the Precision but to this point in time I have never heard a bad report on their stabilizer. They are not too far from where I live and I have done business with then in the past so monday i shall make a call and see what I can find out first hand.PS you will love your Flexx bars teamed up with a stabilizer.Best of luck with you new venture. FR.

Blair

so what are the benifits of running a stabilizer??? will the difference be noticable for trail riding??

Kama... can you pm me a price for this thing??? Edmonton area for shipping purposes... thanks
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

socalrappy700

Quote from: kamakazi on December 19, 2008, 09:18:07 PM
it has a remote adjustment that mounts on the handle bars by your grips, i believe that the actual unit mounts at the top of the steering stem to acomodate different bars and stems.  i am told by gpr that the precision stabilizer is going to be discontinued and pulled off the market because they seem to be falling apart.  i am also told that precision is working on a new design to replace thier current one but no one knows what kind of style they are working on.  nearly all of the high end motocross teams in the usa are running a gpr.  the unit is pricey, but im sure it will pay itself off in no time.  as soon as i get my pieces in the new year, ill take lots of pics for you guys and gals.

Thats the first time I've ever heard anything about precision falling apart.  In fact most ATV MX riders use the Precision. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

fire raptor

Quote from: Blair on December 20, 2008, 01:49:42 AM
so what are the benifits of running a stabilizer??? will the difference be noticable for trail riding??

Kama... can you pm me a price for this thing??? Edmonton area for shipping purposes... thanks
a stabilizer is the single most important unit you can install to improve the saftey and handling of youe Quad.

Gunz

Quote from: Blair on December 20, 2008, 01:49:42 AM

It is one of the best mods one could put on his/her bike. Depending on the one you get, the price is usually around $100-$500. The one up above is $450. The difference of a bike with a stabilizer vs a bike without is nite and day.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

wobble

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on December 20, 2008, 08:28:44 AM
Quote from: kamakazi on December 19, 2008, 09:18:07 PM

Thats the first time I've ever heard anything about precision falling apart.  In fact most ATV MX riders use the Precision. 

I agree.

kamakazi, you were told this by precision's competitor....I wouldn't give that much credit.

Blair

fire and 4gunz... why??? what exactly will it do?? why will it so greatly improve the safety and handling?
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Gunz

Quote from: Blair on December 20, 2008, 07:06:36 PM
fire and 4gunz... why??? what exactly will it do?? why will it so greatly improve the safety and handling?

Think about an old 4x4 truck with a solid axle. Heres a pic with the stabilizer circled.

The stabilizer is there to dampen bump steer. Our ATV's have alot of bump steer and do not come equipped with a stabilizer. Which means your hands, wrist, and arms have to soak up all of the holes, rocks, bumps, and anything else that will cause your handle bars to jolt, causing you fatigue. When you add a stabilizer it will take the abuse of the trails vs your arms which translates into more self energy, more aggressive riding, and a better performing quad/bike. Most stabilizers are adjustable to fit your riding style. I have the stick version on all my bikes and it is literally one of my first purchases every time I get another bike. People that don't use them have no idea what they're missing out on.

Stick version. Usually $100-200 depending whose sticker is on it.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Kamakazi

Quote from: fire raptor on December 19, 2008, 09:50:34 PM
I have no doubt that the unit that you are going to rep is a fine unit. But to this point the Precision has been the unit that ALL others are compared to. Now Elka has had some problems with their two units the 3 and 5. I will do some investigating and find out about the Precision but to this point in time I have never heard a bad report on their stabilizer. They are not too far from where I live and I have done business with then in the past so monday i shall make a call and see what I can find out first hand.PS you will love your Flexx bars teamed up with a stabilizer.Best of luck with you new venture. FR.

i understand that this was told to me by a competitor, i am not naive to salesman tactics, but you are correct not to believe them off the bat without research, i do not mean to start a flame war here.  i simply wish to share what i was told and discuss it.  i have no doubt that the precision is a great piece of work, i myself have no experience with it.  but i am excited to try the gpr3 out :clap: and if i feel the gpr is worth the $$$  will support it and share my findings with everyone  :thumbs:  i am also interested to hear what you find out about the precisions falling apart. ???