Brrr it's cold. Will the Twins be OK outside?

Started by Headrope, December 14, 2008, 08:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Will the Raptors be OK outside for a few days with the temps at 18-ish degrees (Fahrenheit) and snow?

I pissed away the good weather and now the coldest temperatures in 30 years have set in - before I finished the shed. It's not yet insulated and has tarps for doors.

The coolant in the bottles hasn't froze so it would seem to make sense everything is OK but I don't have first-hand experience with storing quads in the cold.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Krandall

You don't have a thing to worrry about. I've ridden mine in -20. It's stored in an un-heated garage. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

BRAD

You should be good to go man.  Just fire them up everyonce in awhile to keep things lubed and let them run alittle bit
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Headrope

Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Blair

its below -30 up here... i dont think you have anything to worry about...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

fastraptor

It might be bad on the batterys as they dont like the cold,you could pull them
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Peelz

Quote from: fastraptor on December 15, 2008, 02:22:06 PM
It might be bad on the batterys as they dont like the cold,you could pull them

+1 batteries will take a beating trying to crank a cold engine when they are cold. I still have no trouble though.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Just crank them over once a week or so, you'll be fine.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Blair

hmmm that reminds me... i should go pull my battery, the quad is stored at my sisters place and her garage isnt heated...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

double06

What cold?  Its 70 degrees here!   :rofl:  Good ole S.C.
I got a '06 with some KDS Racing bells and whistles  :grin_nod:

Temptation

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Better keep those twins warm and toasty. They look a bit cold and rigid. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Livingmylife93

you shouldn't have any problems. Pulling the battery would be a good idea though.

Kamakazi

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on December 21, 2008, 03:41:34 PM
you shouldn't have any problems. Pulling the battery would be a good idea though.

for like 30$ you can get a battery tender which plugs into the wall and holds your battery at full charge without over charging.  thats how i roll  :grin_nod:  in fact i plug it in in the summer when i leave it for a long time as well.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"