Accelerator pump feature on PCIII

Started by cowtownup, December 11, 2008, 08:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowtownup

Does anyone use this feature?  Can you explain the different parameters.. i.e. sensitivity, engine revolutions, fuel change....  I like to drag race and was wondering if this feature would help?
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

Krandall

If you don't have a rock solid tune, the Accelerator Pump can really help you out. But really like Colorado has stated quite a few times. The Pump feature is really just a bandaid fix for a poor tune.

If you do decide to try it, most find the best setting @ 80-20-20

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

cowtownup

I don't have access to a dyno and I am using maps I'm getting from here or people on raptor related websites...  So, I'm sure my tune isn't dead on, but I hope it would be fairly close... It seems to run fine...  I'm gonna try it setup like you suggested (80-20-20) and see what happens...  I appreciate the help...
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

Colorado700R

Quote from: cowtownup on December 11, 2008, 08:52:18 AM
I don't have access to a dyno and I am using maps I'm getting from here or people on raptor related websites...  So, I'm sure my tune isn't dead on, but I hope it would be fairly close... It seems to run fine...  I'm gonna try it setup like you suggested (80-20-20) and see what happens...  I appreciate the help...

Do a plug chop first, then replace with a new plug (or clean up the old as much as possible).  Then do the Accell pump.  Ride for a feew hours and do another chop.  A good tune will be paper bag brown around the insulator