Just painted my end caps...opinions?!?

Started by r00st, December 08, 2008, 08:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

I wanted to do this since I got the exhaust. I loved the CNC'd end caps and didnt want to paint them when I did the cans, as I Love the machined look. So... I decided a bit of black would finish up the system well.

I tried taping the lines first then painting but that didnt work that well (really hard to line up the masking tape with the line in the metal). So I just did these 100% free hand. I am not the "artsy" type nor do I have all that much patience but i managed to finish both tonight.

They are still drying so there area few little spots to touch up and remove where I went over a tad.

I like how they turned out so thought I would throw some pics on here

O...and this Pic is for Sand84... This is as good as your going to get.
38 Double D's are hard to capture in such a small picture :)

If anyone wants to copy me feel free... Its really not 100% as hard as it looks (not easy..but not hard). There is ONE stipulation if you paint your...you have to put the end caps on your girlfriends boobs - Madonna style :lol:
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Krandall

Let's see em' on the quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

r00st

Ya its over at Jakes (DabigbratJ). But I will get them on and snap pics as soon as I can.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

NCHKustoms

THATS AWESOME!!! Great idea!! YEah get some pics of them on the quad!!
2004 Honda 440ex.

Future Raptor Owner.

socalrappy700

Damnit!  I hate my f'in company.  Every picture is blocked!
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

r00st

I just uploaded the pics straight to the forum (in the OTHER thread...lol). Should be able to see them if they are on the actual site?
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

r00st

Haha thanks. Now to get them mounted...

*on the quad* ;)
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

dabigbratj

i can pick them up on my way home and put them on if you want roads will suck tonight
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Peelz

Remove shirt=receive Karma. :grin_nod:

Very nice work. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

r00st

Thanks for the offer Jake but i need to get new stainless screws for them as I stripped a few out trying to get them out originally. I plan to use loc-tite on them so i know if i re-use the same screws they will never come out again!

And lol @ the karma. I get all the karma I need   :thumbs:
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

socalrappy700

ok, remove the shirt or we'll break your knees.  How about that for karma.

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on December 09, 2008, 01:28:40 PM
ok, remove the shirt or we'll break your knees.  How about that for karma.

:lol:

the oh-so-subtle socal FTW! :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

r00st

LOL Erich...your such a sweet talker! Since you put it so politely; ...NO!  :batman:
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

YamahaRaptor0206

Quote from: r00st on December 09, 2008, 02:13:13 PM
LOL Erich...your such a sweet talker! Since you put it so politely; ...NO!  :batman:
Bikini?