How do you reprogram the computer on the raptor?

Started by cato1522, November 24, 2008, 11:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cato1522

Does anyone know...like by doing it on the four wheeler or by hooking it up to a laptop or something?
07 Raptor 700 SE
HMF slip-on, K & N Air Filter, Velocity Aluminum Intake, Outwears Pre-filter, Trinity Racing EFI Controller, Renthal 13 tooth Front Sproket, Custom Aluminum Air Box, Moose Racing Nerfs, Pro Armor Kill Switch, AC front bumber, Fly Racing Handle bars, One Industries Graphics, and Scott grips

Krandall

Are you talking about reprogramming the fuel curve or the ignition curve?

The only way you can do either is the following:

Fuel Curve: Must have a Power Commander III fuel controller, hooks up to your laptop via mini USB. Available @ www.fuelmoto.com if you call them, ask for Jamie. :thumbs:

Ignition Curve: Must have either a Dynatek Ignition Controller (w/ the cable to hook up to your computer: not included) or an Ignition Controller from Power Commander.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Randy

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

davetheslave

You cant.  If its not working throw it in the trash.  If you are trying to change your fuel delivery, than you need an aftermarket fuel controller like a Power commander-which is the best.  There are also cheaper programmers available, but you get what you pay for...

Peelz

He says he has the trinity fuel controller in his sig. Is that adjustable?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

cato1522

I was just wondering if you could reprogram the entire four wheeler without a PC or EFI controller
07 Raptor 700 SE
HMF slip-on, K & N Air Filter, Velocity Aluminum Intake, Outwears Pre-filter, Trinity Racing EFI Controller, Renthal 13 tooth Front Sproket, Custom Aluminum Air Box, Moose Racing Nerfs, Pro Armor Kill Switch, AC front bumber, Fly Racing Handle bars, One Industries Graphics, and Scott grips

RaptorRandy

Some dealers that have advanced techs and the right equipment can re flash your ECU but it adds 10% more fuel across the board. I have been told....but can not confirm or deny that if you have this done and ever unhook the battery or it goes dead you lose the re flash and it goes back to the OEM fuel curve.

You better off IMHO with an adjustable after market fuel controller as the others have suggested  :thumbs:

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

zx10r203

Quote from: RaptorRandy on November 24, 2008, 12:59:12 PM
Some dealers that have advanced techs and the right equipment can re flash your ECU but it adds 10% more fuel across the board. I have been told....but can not confirm or deny that if you have this done and ever unhook the battery or it goes dead you lose the re flash and it goes back to the OEM fuel curve.

You better off IMHO with an adjustable after market fuel controller as the others have suggested  :thumbs:

Randy

+1 to that!!  :thumbs: