Any PCIII Guru's in here? Need a bit of advice/help!

Started by r00st, November 23, 2008, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

Alright so first off my buddy just rebuilt his LTR... The motor locked up so he rebuilt it with cam/ P&P, Athena big bore (500cc), PCIII and an intake..currently stock exhaust with the core out.

Apparently (unlike our awesome raptor forums) there are not a lot of maps floating around for ltr's?? I found some base maps (full exhaust/intake) but nothing with motor mods. I was hoping to get a map for mods similar to his, so we are closer at starting.

I got his bike running and added fuel via the buttons on the PCIII (set them all almost full rich for now). One question I Have:
How do I adjust fuel trims over an entire rpm range (say..2k-5k rpm) or say @ 2k rpm from idle to WOT? I have the software on my laptop but could not figure it out!

I want to know this for two reasons...first I want to be able to adjust his A/F on a better basis than the buttons on the PCIII (low/mid/high).
Also, I just added Dynatek (curve 2), and the evac valve on my 700 which i know are not supposed to change much, but I would like to be able to get it as close as I can until I can get it on the dyno.

Any help anyone can provide (tips/advice/links/maps etc!) is greatly appreciated!

Mike
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Warren

i'm not 100% sure of how to set the map on the laptop but if you have the money and access to one, i would just have it dyno tuned.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

r00st

Ya we are thinking that for his...but for mine I would like to learn how to adjust the software parameters.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Warren

i'm sure someone here knows how to do it. doesn't the software have a "help" section on it. did you try that to see if it says anything about it?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

r00st

ya we went though the help section but nothing i could see on changing the fuel trims, surprisingly enough.

I didnt even see it on the tool bar pull-down tabs.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

EHSRACING

get you a cable and hook it up to a laptop you will see how it works. Honestly with out a way to measure afr you arent gonna be able to do much other than guess. If you have 4 hours go for it though just save your starting map and you can always go back to it.

r00st

Ya my laptop was hooked up to it...

DL700 told me how to adjust entire ranges of fuel though.

Its page up and page down on the keyboard to adjust the fuel trims up/down.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

EHSRACING

yes there are a few little tricks that help use the map compare feature and you can also copy and paste sections. Chain drive stuff is much easier to tune than cvt the graphs are much more flowing