KBR 700R Rigid Frame 300' machine

Started by KBR, November 20, 2008, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBR

We completed this bike the night before the Planetsand West Coast Shootout at Laughlin, NV. It was a mistake to take a untested and untried machine to the biggest race of the year, but you got to start sometime!
This engine was built to show what can be done with a budget minded build. The engine consists of a HR +5 crank built, balanced, trued and welded. A stock cylinder bored and plated with a KBR oring. KBR CNC porting. Web 4 cam, beehive spring kit, Lectron carb, KBR intake, KBR drag pipes, Dynatek ignition, and KBR nitrous kit.
The engine made mid 80's all motor and there is much more in it. We had trans issues and once we stumbled upon a decent running combo we just went with it. We were dynoing at the track, and did not even start leaning on it at all. I think it will get to 90 and 65 all motor once we actually put a timing curve in it, tune the intake and pipe length and get a custom needle for the carb (it was all over the place). Not to mention that cam I am still waiting on Kenny and my rocker arms....
First pass all motor snapped the chain at the hit of the throttle.
2nd pass nitrous did not hit and it was lazy 4.4
3rd pass trans. came out the back of the cases on shift to 2nd

I wanted to show you guys this machine and take the oppertunity to thank those who helped us get it all done in time.

Thanks to:
Klein Racing for building the best looking and lightest chassis in the business (not to mention quick).
Vent Racing Technologies for helping us manufacture our designs! From pipes to our cylinder head, these guys are the best! Thanks for all your help guys we will sell some stuff with your help!
Venom Performance for suppling the best pistons in the business as well as helping us get our internals in a timely fashion.
Rocket Factory for helping us get the trans. cut in a pinch. Our normal outlet was out of comission and Jason hooked us up. Thanks Jason, even though it broke...lol Not your fault we just made too much power!
Hansen Performance for helping us with some of the 700R tricks we have not run into yet (our first "drag" 700R) and for being our best friends and helping at the races.
Packard Enterprises, thanks Dennis, your a good friend and a good vendor! I really appreciate the super duper induction system!
Thanks to Marty and Monte for taking the time to finish the project from Marty's sweet tank and fabrication skills to Monte's wiring up of the nitrous kit, we have a good team here!
And last but not least Brodie Taylor for being the godd friend and customer, with out you this would not be possible.

From duners (mxers and desert racers) to hillshooters to 300 footers, I doubt you will find a shop putting more time into custom race machines. We do it all!
www.kbratv.com
Venom Performance
Hansen Performance
Packard Design Labs
Barker Performance
KDS
Hot Cam, Hot Rods, Cylinder Works
Crank Works
CP Pistons
K&T Performance
Adams Group
Sredrum Machining
Four Wheel Addiction
Marvin Shaw
JJ&A
Mod Quad
Web Cam
Megacycle Cams
Kibblewhite Valve Train Components
All brands OEM parts

BRAD

sounds like you guys had some fun and could have had a winning day. if yuns had everything dialed in rightt
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Krandall

Damn, that thing looks like it'll be killer once you get er' dialed in and set!!!  8) :thumbs:

Nice work Kam! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

Nice runner, I can't wait to see what it can do next time.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

SanDbUm

So you blew the trans out of the cases at 80hp?? I thought they were good for 100+
KILLIN VENOM BUILDS 1 DAY AT A TIME.

07 YFZ ITS FAST

KBR

80+ all motor we were spraying nitrous.
Thanks guys
www.kbratv.com
Venom Performance
Hansen Performance
Packard Design Labs
Barker Performance
KDS
Crank Works
CP Pistons
K&T Performance
Adams Group
Sredrum Machining
Four Wheel Addiction
Marvin Shaw
JJ&A
Mod Quad
Web Cam
Megacycle Cams
Kibblewhite Valve Train Components
All brands OEM parts

SanDbUm

Guess i got trown off alittle by this...

The engine made mid 80's all motor and there is much more in it. We had trans issues and once we stumbled upon a decent running combo we just went with it. We were dynoing at the track, and did not even start leaning on it at all. I think it will get to 90 and 65 all motor once we actually put a timing curve in it, tune the intake and pipe length and get a custom needle for the carb (it was all over the place). Not to mention that cam I am still waiting on Kenny and my rocker arms....
KILLIN VENOM BUILDS 1 DAY AT A TIME.

07 YFZ ITS FAST

fastraptor

That thing looks cool!!!!!!!!!   :thumbs:      :clap:
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Gunz

Quote from: SanDbUm on November 21, 2008, 09:57:22 AM
Guess i got trown off alittle by this...

90hp/65tq

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Gunz

What size carb are you using? What size jets? Why did you go with a carb instead of a +TB and maybe +injector? Nice bike, can't wait to see some video of it in action. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Bert

Krandall

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on November 21, 2008, 08:41:09 PM
What size carb are you using? What size jets? Why did you go with a carb instead of a +TB and maybe +injector? Nice bike, can't wait to see some video of it in action. :thumbs:

Carb is lighter than a TB 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

KBR

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on November 21, 2008, 08:41:09 PM
Its a big custom made Lectron. There are no jets in it. Well two power jets.
Simplicity and power made the choices for us, not to mention weight savings!
www.kbratv.com
Venom Performance
Hansen Performance
Packard Design Labs
Barker Performance
KDS
Crank Works
CP Pistons
K&T Performance
Adams Group
Sredrum Machining