Need Help...New to Raptor

Started by cato1522, November 20, 2008, 09:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cato1522

I am new to the Raptor...I have a HMF slip on pipe, k & n with aluminum intake, open box, with outerwares pre-filter, and a trinity racing EFI controller...What is the PC III? What else should I do? I want more low end!
07 Raptor 700 SE
HMF slip-on, K & N Air Filter, Velocity Aluminum Intake, Outwears Pre-filter, Trinity Racing EFI Controller, Renthal 13 tooth Front Sproket, Custom Aluminum Air Box, Moose Racing Nerfs, Pro Armor Kill Switch, AC front bumber, Fly Racing Handle bars, One Industries Graphics, and Scott grips

Colorado700R

Welcome  :thumbs:

The PC3 is a more advanced version of your trinity fuel controller, it allows for finer tuning.  IMO you need to invest in a full exhaust for your raptor, slip-ons don't really add too much more than sound.

Save some $$$ then buy your self one of the dual exhaust set-ups and your top end with go through the roof  :grin_nod:

I've also read that the Sparks big core single systems are really good too.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

cato1522

Yes it does, thank you, I was also thinking about a stage two hot cam. Would that be good? And since i have the EFI controller I dont need the PC III?
07 Raptor 700 SE
HMF slip-on, K & N Air Filter, Velocity Aluminum Intake, Outwears Pre-filter, Trinity Racing EFI Controller, Renthal 13 tooth Front Sproket, Custom Aluminum Air Box, Moose Racing Nerfs, Pro Armor Kill Switch, AC front bumber, Fly Racing Handle bars, One Industries Graphics, and Scott grips

cato1522

And is there an easy way to reprogram the raptor
07 Raptor 700 SE

Colorado700R

correct you don't "Need" a PC3, however it would give you the ability for a better tune when you do a Cam IMO.

Stage two hotcam is a great mod!!  But to get the most out of it, I still recommend you do the exhaust first.

cato1522

Alright I will take your advice...thank you
07 Raptor 700 SE

Colorado700R

Quote from: cato1522 on November 20, 2008, 09:49:31 AM
And is there an easy way to reprogram the raptor

I assume your talking about reprograming the timing curve?  Not without a aftermarket box like the dynatek timing controller.

Although there are a few of us playing with stock ignition systems program. stay tuned  :thumbs:

Colorado700R

Here's killer deal if they're not sold yet.  http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=2295.0

There are a few more in the parts for sale section too  :thumbs:

Krandall

+1 to everything Colorado has said thus far.

Your best bet is to really get a full exhaust system on that beast. That will wake it up like you wouldn't believe.

As far as cams go. the Hot Cam stage 2 is really a good option it adds tons of low end torque and give you a nice boost on top as well.

a 15tooth front sprocket as well gives a nice feel to adding power down low also. :) :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fastraptor

I would go with a three mod first, dual  Monsters,Barkers or LTEs in that order with a good intake kit and fuel controller ride it for a while before tearing into it ,then when you make your internal mods you can take advantage of the duals flow capability.....
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Flynbyu

Low end?

Drop a tooth on the sproket up front.

Cost = $20-25

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Warren

if you have the money for it. i would get the PC III and a set of barker duals. i had a HMF full system on my raptor. and let me tell you, if you are wanting bottom end power duals are the way to go. it has tons of low end now. i can't keep the front end down from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. and i weigh about 290 pounds so i think that's saying something.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB