Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XVII

Started by Flynbyu, November 19, 2008, 05:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exentix

directly from the dirt wheels mag "from either side view you can note that the foot pegs are rather high on the frame. the old yfz450 was built this way as well. it forces the riders to have to bend their knees more when standing" (and probably sitting too) "aftermarket companies will have a quick fix for this"

so im guessing that will fix the problem, cas now that i think of it, thats what i didnt like, i felt too high off the ground, and my knees were too far forward. lower pegs would fix that.

and i can fix the seat problem too.

either way, a 450 will be an improvment over a 350 in all aspects besides reverse, and i dont use that a WHOLE lot...

kyledvor61

Quote from: exentix on November 29, 2008, 05:14:38 PM
directly from the dirt wheels mag "from either side view you can note that the foot pegs are rather high on the frame. the old yfz450 was built this way as well. it forces the riders to have to bend their knees more when standing" (and probably sitting too) "aftermarket companies will have a quick fix for this"

so im guessing that will fix the problem, cas now that i think of it, thats what i didnt like, i felt too high off the ground, and my knees were too far forward. lower pegs would fix that.

and i can fix the seat problem too.

either way, a 450 will be an improvment over a 350 in all aspects besides reverse, and i dont use that a WHOLE lot...
ok now that i think of it, i think the blingstar nerfs are lower than stock. me want a YFZ50r :grin_nod:

exentix

i wonder if some stuff on the 450r will transfer over, like plastics??? doubt it cas the frame is redone but who knows, i know the shocks wont, theyre alot longer.

kyledvor61

Quote from: exentix on November 29, 2008, 06:00:18 PM
i wonder if some stuff on the 450r will transfer over, like plastics??? doubt it cas the frame is redone but who knows, i know the shocks wont, theyre alot longer.
i highly doubt plastics will. shocks are LT so nope. me likey a lot but i wouldnt be able to raise enough moneys over the winter and spring to buy one  :(

exentix

that sucks, why dont you wait another year and then do it?... get an 09 leftover or something.

i guess one good thing is i get to keep the money i was saving for my 350 and use it on that if i get it

kyledvor61

Quote from: exentix on November 29, 2008, 06:12:34 PM
that sucks, why dont you wait another year and then do it?... get an 09 leftover or something.

i guess one good thing is i get to keep the money i was saving for my 350 and use it on that if i get it
this should help ya out in the search http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/index.php?showforum=81

i wouldnt be able to go all summer without a ride. id start tweakin and eventually punch a baby in the face :lol:

im gonna sell mine soon, sell spare parts and random crap, work when i can and use christmas moneys to buy an 04 all MX'd out sometime in the spring for cheap

exentix

i mean keep yours for one more year... i already looked on craigslist, theres like 4 within an hour of here  :jaw:

kyledvor61

Quote from: exentix on November 29, 2008, 06:16:43 PM
i mean keep yours for one more year... i already looked on craigslist, theres like 4 within an hour of here  :jaw:
why keep mine? to save and sell it to buy an 09?

exentix

yea so thats like an extra years income and u can still ride, im checkin out yfzcentral now  :thumbs:

kyledvor61

Quote from: exentix on November 29, 2008, 06:19:38 PM
yea so thats like an extra years income and u can still ride, im checkin out yfzcentral now  :thumbs:
theres a shitload on central man.

i wont be able to keep my money out of it. trust me. sounds cool now that you say it but my dads doin a 720 kit on his DS over the winter and i gotta kick his ass :lol:

and i just want to try something new. I can get a used stock LTR or KFX for the same money as an 04YFZ modded out.

exentix

dont do the ltr =O theyre uber gay  :lol: lol jk do what u want, y mod the ds they are outdated as hell  :confused: still fast but theyre huge lol

i just cant wait to actually get the 450, if i do lol... she told me today that she will get one soon, like a couple months or so

kyledvor61

Quote from: exentix on November 29, 2008, 06:25:59 PM
dont do the ltr =O theyre uber gay  :lol: lol jk do what u want, y mod the ds they are outdated as hell  :confused: still fast but theyre huge lol

i just cant wait to actually get the 450, if i do lol... she told me today that she will get one soon, like a couple months or so
hell i dont know its what my dad wants to do so whatever. he's probably just doing it to beat me since i beat him with the YFZ :grin_nod: :lol:

and ive made up my mind damnit 04 mx yfz it is :grin_nod:

exentix

lol tell me again for the record, why not just mod urs?

kyledvor61

Quote from: exentix on November 29, 2008, 06:31:36 PM
lol tell me again for the record, why not just mod urs?
since i can sell mine for about $3200 and ive got that much into it. and i can buy an 04 all mx'd out with 10 grand into it suspension motor etc. for only 1 grand or so more :clap: :clap: :clap:

exentix

oh ok... lol jw, id much rather get a semi-stock one and mod it myself