Fat bars... what are you guys doing with the key??

Started by Blair, November 17, 2008, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

pretty much what the title says...

i bent my bars in a high side flip last week... i ordered new ASV levers from TQS... and my brother inlaw (who i was riding with) bought me a set of pro taper 1 1/8 fat bars for my b-day.

to the guys that are runing bars other than stock what did you do with the key???  pics would be awesome to give me some ideas of what to do with mine... looking for a nice clean install look
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

Krandall

ME LIKEY!!!!!!!  :clap: now after i go and order that... what the hell do i do with my reverse switch...  ???

had quads for years... just new to the "modding" part of things... and its looking like my creditcard company is going to be happy with you!!!
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Krandall

:lol:

You're welcome ;)

The "main" purpose of that relocater to the fender was because people were getting the Dr.D's reverse lever thing for the handlebars.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

hmmmm... how would that work with my ASV levers that are on their way???

have you used it how does it work?

Krandall

Doesn't affect the ASV's

I have not personally used it. But I have seen it on a few other raptors.

Instead of turning a knob, this hooks up and its more of a "push button" style  hooks onto the handlebars on the right hand side semi-near the throttle.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Jamie700R

I love my DR.D reverse lever. No need to take your hands off the bars for reverse. The only thing is remembering that you have the key where the reverse used to be.  And not reaching for it when you need reverse.:lol:

shookie

Yep dr d works great. Get those times when you need reverse in a second its right there for ya.
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Blair

Quote from: Jamie700R on November 18, 2008, 01:20:24 PM
I love my DR.D reverse lever. No need to take your hands off the bars for reverse. The only thing is remembering that you have the key where the reverse used to be.  And not reaching for it when you need reverse.:lol:

haha thats not an issue... considering that is where the key was on my rappy 350 and i still occasionally reach down there for the key...

well once my ASVs get here ill see how they are and then look into the Dr D... Zipties FTW for now... haha

Bert

Quote from: Blair on November 18, 2008, 01:11:00 PM
hmmmm... how would that work with my ASV levers that are on their way???

have you used it how does it work?
ASV makes a hot start lever that looks the same as the DR. D reverse lever.
If I remember right its cheaper as well

Bert

Krandall

Hmm, that may work, the only thing is you'd have to take apart the reverse switch on the rappy to make sure the cable would work w/ the hotstart lever. ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Bert

Quote from: Krandall on November 24, 2008, 09:45:52 AM
Hmm, that may work, the only thing is you'd have to take apart the reverse switch on the rappy to make sure the cable would work w/ the hotstart lever. ???
Good Point, I overlooked that  :lol:

fire raptor

I have Flexx bars. I got rid of the plastic dash. Cut a 2" x 5" piece of aluminum to fit across to the front handle bar mount bolts. Then drilled a hole for the switch to fit in the center.filed a notch for the switch so it would not rotate. Works great and i put a teather around a cable so I do not lose the key.