GBC X-Rex

Started by preddy08, November 11, 2008, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preddy08

Long story short I was not expecting this race to be so muddy, and felt that my half worn Holeshot XCR's would cut it in the NASTY rutted out, muddy track. So I decided to pick up a set of GBC X-Rex tires. They look just like the Razr2's, but weigh 2 lbs less and some how dont pack up with mud as much. That was the reason I got rid of my last set of Razr2's, when ever I found mud they would pack up and become slicks and not clean out. I found that quite opposite with these tires.

I picked them up for 160 bucks flat at the race and mounted them about 20 minutes before the race. In these conditions these tires REALLY shined!!! I got traction when I thought NO WAY IN HELL! The track was really wet and slimy, but still managed to hook up everywhere. My only complaint is that they hooked too well. There was a couple of sections where I needed to slide and the tires flat out said NO!...lol Up on two wheels I went.

My buddy had to ride my bike for the race also and he felt the same way about them. Traction on demand, PERIOD! Maybe a bit too much. They measure about an inch taller than my XCR's, but were NOTICEABLY heavier than the XCR's.

Old tires-
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

exentix

Krandall

Was that Duct Tape on the hood of the Rappy I see there?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Great write up Shawn  :thumbs:

"Thanks" for taking the time to write up this tire option.

Aaron

And Randy, with that much mud I think the tape over the hood may help from the radiator getting pluged?

preddy08

Yup, I taped up the hood thinking it was going to keep snowing. It was 30 degrees so it was'nt like I needed the air flow. :thumbs:

exentix

i thought it was a different hood altogether  :lol:

shookie

2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

preddy08

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 11, 2008, 05:50:12 PM
Great write up Shawn  :thumbs:

"Thanks" for taking the time to write up this tire option.

Aaron

And Randy, with that much mud I think the tape over the hood may help from the radiator getting pluged?

Yup, understood the concept. But not really. I remember seeing someone that had layers of screen over their hood. Just pulled a layer off at a time. I think it was the "Bill Balance" look alike.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

shookie

2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs

zx10r203

Like Colorado said, great write up!!  :clap: :clap:

shookie

How do you like your sparks pipe?
2008 Raptor 700r SE

preddy08

I did'nt get a chance to tune it in yet, but my buttometer sure feels it ??? :rofl:

shookie

:rofl: is that the big bore version of it or the race one.
2008 Raptor 700r SE

preddy08