Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Closing of the 08 season  (Read 994 times)

Offline bamaquad

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Closing of the 08 season
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:36:10 PM »
Well my 08 Flattrack Racing season has officially ended this past weekend on a bitter note. I had some bad race fuel in my quad so I came off the track during hotlaps , loaded it up and left. It was handling like a cadillac but falling on it's face when I was on the gas.

I finished with 7 wins, 2nd, 2 3rd's, 5th and 1 DNF. Also had 8 rainouts and was turned away in Tennessee because they didn't want they're azz whipped.

Being that I am in the automotive industry I felt the effects of the economy 1st hand with 4 day work weeks which is still effecting me now and is keeping me from racing out of town for the rest of the year. I simply just don't have the bones to go anywhere. I didn't get to all the events that I had scheduled due to the things mentioned above but maybe "09" will be a better year.

Anywho, I would like to thank Steve at the Tech Quad Shop for all his support in the 08 season and my engine builder Bo White (VelociRaptor). These are 2 of the most standout guys on the forums and I would recommend Bo to anybody for his engine knowledge and Steve for looking out for the Raptor family. Thanks to BandN designs for my artwork on my nose piece and Randy for helping me out on my suspension setup.

Goodluck to insaneraptor700, 07raptorgytr, willykiller, & rmfhobson on their racing for the rest of the 08 season and the 09 as well.

Time to get out my resume outline and get to typing for the 09 season & hopefully I can keep the sponsors that I have and pick up a few more in the process.

Gonna be a few changes to the bike: black plastic, asv levers, powdercoating, -2 swingarm and some different shocks if the money gets right before nextyear.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:19:05 PM by bamaquad »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Closing of the 08 season
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »
Grats on the wins Bama :thumbs: and I hope everything falls into place for your 09' racing season.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline BRAD

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Constant Victim of Grammar Ninja
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
congrats on your wins man. and i hope everything goes better for you in the coming season
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 04:17:40 PM »
Doesn't sound too bad overall bama. Keep it up.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »
Good luck next year, and I hope the auto industry picks up as well as the rest of the economy :thumbs:
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »
Boy, I bet a raptorsource sticker would look great on the side of the raptor handing out the whoopings all around the southeast states.  Especially if some gas money was arranged.

"Cough Hint cough hint hint"