Any riders from South Dakota?

Started by RAPTOR_660, November 09, 2008, 05:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAPTOR_660

I was just curious because I may be taking a road trip out there next summer to Spearfish.Just wondering if there are any tracks/trails in the area.

Thanks in advance!

Colorado700R

Quote from: RAPTOR_660 on November 09, 2008, 05:30:16 PM
I was just curious because I may be taking a road trip out there next summer to Spearfish.Just wondering if there are any tracks/trails in the area.

Thanks in advance!

There's a fairly large area in the blackhills?  And lowridin88  is in SD  :thumbs:

lowridin88

Hey man, I am in SD. I am located south central SD, almost near nebraska border, right along the Missouri River.  I ride mostly out in the river hills and stuff, but some of my buddies went t voc a place out in the black hills to do some riding, not sure of the name but i could prolly find that out easy enought
I POLISH PIPES!

lowridin88

Here is what i found.  http://www.rosyinn.com/5300a20.htm

"A popular dirt bike and ATV riding is the Railroad Buttes Off Road Vehicle Aarea located on the north edge of the Buffalo Gap National Grasslands, near the town Farmingdale."

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=farmingdale%20sd&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl
I POLISH PIPES!

vern burny

I rode there and around Rapid City this spring.  The grasslands is a great place and in there are more wooded trails surrounding Rapid City.  The day I was loading up to go the weather report for South Dakota said snow, so instead of my raptor I brought the wolverine.  I am glad I had the 4x4 in the grasslands.  The little bit of snow that did fall turned the grassland into what is referred to as praire gumbo, fun and interesting at the same time.  It is like trying to ride in crisco.

The trails around Rapid City were alot of fun too, until you hit a deer.  Don't worry to much, the deer in South Dakota are small.

I would definitely go again, more in the summer this time to avoid the snow.

lowridin88

Yup most the guys that do go there ride in summer... however alot switch to snowmobile now
I POLISH PIPES!

Peelz

Quads can be street legal in SD, I think.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

lowridin88

Quote from: Peels660 on November 10, 2008, 02:54:01 PM

That is correct....              horn, lights, and license plate

I got street tires for mine, but i live in a town of 100 people so i dont license.. but i drive it to work all the time in the summer
I POLISH PIPES!

Peelz

Quote from: lowridin88 on November 10, 2008, 02:58:37 PM
Quote from: Peels660 on November 10, 2008, 02:54:01 PM

That is correct....              horn, lights, and license plate

I got street tires for mine, but i live in a town of 100 people so i dont license.. but i drive it to work all the time in the summer

I have but one thing to say to you sir:

:bird:  suck it Trebek!

J/k That would be sweet. I can get away with it if it snows a ton.  I am hoping this year it will happen! :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

lowridin88

HA HA!!!           gotta love small town livin..          i ride it to the bar as well.. lol
I POLISH PIPES!

Peelz

Quote from: lowridin88 on November 10, 2008, 03:06:49 PM
HA HA!!!           gotta love small town livin..          i ride it to the bar as well.. lol

I have done that occasionally. But I have to haul it out to the gravel roads first.

vern burny

The worst part about getting anywhere in South Dakota is that you have to drive through South Dakota.  If I see one more Walldrug sign I will probably hurt someone.

I tried to convince my brother to buy a wheeler and license it, he just moved to Sioux Falls.  He asked why he would he want to do that.   :confused: I don't know why I bother with family.

Peelz

Quote from: vern burny on November 10, 2008, 03:25:38 PM
The worst part about getting anywhere in South Dakota is that you have to drive through South Dakota.  If I see one more Walldrug sign I will probably hurt someone.

I tried to convince my brother to buy a wheeler and license it, he just moved to Sioux Falls.  He asked why he would he want to do that.   :confused: I don't know why I bother with family.

haha Wall Drug! :lol: don't forget the corn palace! :lol:

lowridin88

South Dakota isnt all bad guys... This is where i go riding/ where i live / go boating on the river, ect...

I POLISH PIPES!

Peelz

great pics!  It is beautiful country out there. Just funny that all I remember about driving through there as a kid is the badlands...and wall drug signs! :lol: