Bent Handle Bars?

Started by MrStevie, November 08, 2008, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrStevie

i rolled my 08 700 and now the handle bars are bent to the left, but the bars themselves seem straight, if that makes sense. i need to turn the bars to the left to make the tires straight. i was wondering if there was somewhere where i can adjust the bars or if i need new bars. i believe that just the steering is off. thanks for any help you guys can give me.
'08 Raptor 700r

Caliraptor

Skipping class and tapping ass

MrStevie

that's what someone else has said to, is that a common problem? how much is it to replace the stem and do you know where i can buy one?
'08 Raptor 700r

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Danny T

check your tie rods close to make sure no bends, then remove the pitman arm thats on the bottom of the steering stem to see if the splines are twisted. If they are not you may just need to re adjust the pitman arm.

9/10 times the tie rods bent though so check there first.

TechQuadShop

Sounds like the stem to me.
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

1badazz_700r

sounds like the stem to me to.i rolled mine awhile ago.handle bars are straight but the bars hit my tank when i turn to the left.I put new bars on and still hits the tank bad. New stem and riser and bars next month :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

BLU700R

Also had the same problem! www.rockymountainatv.com try that site for parts :thumbs:
+2 TB+GYTR full exhaust+12.1 JE+PCIII+15T+HotCams2+GYTR Intake+Iridium Plug=Crazy Badassness

Man do I miss my wheeler :(

fire raptor

If you cannot see a bend in the bars mounted take them off and check them. It is about a ten minute job. You should be able to set them on a flat surface and look at them or measure the distance to the surface on both sides. Hope its the bars as they are cheap.

1badazz_700r

I took mine straight off a brand new quad and mine still hit the tank :'(
I hope your luckier than iam :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup