700 vs. 450

Started by monster757, November 07, 2008, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 08, 2008, 05:28:02 PM
Quote from: Krandall on November 08, 2008, 01:41:04 PM
Quote from: warren on November 08, 2008, 01:28:57 PM
and i didn't catch up due to the fact they were throwing roost up like mad so i backed off the gas.

Boy, I know what that's like.. Try following mad dog @ silver lake on the drag strip. I've had to back off from him due to sand being embedded into my skin :help: ::) ::) ::)

Meow

Yea. You say that now.. but you're the guy always leading @ walden, maybe jump on a honda and let your budy get in front of you w/ the rappy.  :help: ::)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on November 10, 2008, 08:18:04 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on November 08, 2008, 05:28:02 PM
and i didn't catch up due to the fact they were throwing roost up like mad so i backed off the gas.

Boy, I know what that's like.. Try following mad dog @ silver lake on the drag strip. I've had to back off from him due to sand being embedded into my skin :help: ::) ::) ::)

Meow

Yea. You say that now.. but you're the guy always leading @ walden, maybe jump on a honda and let your budy get in front of you w/ the rappy.  :help: ::)

I got plenty of seat time on my buddies KFX while he's leading on my Rappy.  I even think I posted up a picture of my googles (Shattered) becuase of it !

Aaron

Krandall

yeah, so there you go, you know the after-effects of following a rappy. :grin_nod: :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Mad Dog

This is what happened earlier this year when I towed my cousin in from the dunes...be glad I had the prairie and not the raptor when I pulled you in. :thumbs:

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

Totaly two different machines for sure.

It takes less to get a 450 race ready, and a lot less to get a Raptor dune ready.

Both are great machines.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

kyledvor61

well a DS650 is side by side with a raptor and here i am beating one :thumbs:

kicked his ass outta the hole, even distance mid range, then id start pulling top end

Peelz

Kyle, you are a munchkin = Less weight and wind resistance. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

I've not been beat yet by a three mod DS650 yet on my 660, and I'm 225 lbs.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Buck

Quote from: kyledvor61 on November 10, 2008, 03:53:26 PM
well a DS650 is side by side with a raptor and here i am beating one :thumbs:

kicked his ass outta the hole, even distance mid range, then id start pulling top end

:lol: A DS650 is not right there with a Raptor!  :rofl: Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better  :lol:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

monster757

the kid i race was like 5 foot nothing 80lbs.vs me at 6'2" 210 lbs.

Krandall

Quote from: Mad Dog on November 10, 2008, 02:45:27 PM

This is what happened earlier this year when I towed my cousin in from the dunes...be glad I had the prairie and not the raptor when I pulled you in. :thumbs:

ERMAHGERD.. :rofl:

that's TO AWESOME. :rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

fastraptor

Some of these 450s are fast even when stock for several reasons I think 1.The guys and kids that ride them quite often are light vrs the raptor guys that like to eat LOL 100 lbs difference is probably average.  2.The 450s are quick (light crankshafts) close gear ratios (perfect gear choice),quick is different than fast.3. 450 guys race more (practice makes perfect)they will get the hole shot on you if you are not carfull. 4.450s can vary as far as one may be alot faster than another (so dont mess around when racing this is serious stuff) 5.The 450 young kid may have real good reflexes so again dont let down your guard. 6.450 guys may be sneaky so know this if they hole shot you and you are gaining ground on them the may shut down early ( sorry 450 guys this racing thing is serious stuff LOLOLOL)  RAPTORS RULE!!!  Thier is no substitute for CCs  :thumbs:
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Bert

Quote from: fastraptor on November 11, 2008, 02:11:42 PM
  Thier is no substitute for CCs  :thumbs:
??? Nitrous sounds fun but for $6-800 I'll pass  :lol: