Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XVI

Started by Colorado700R, November 05, 2008, 07:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

I got a box set for Christmas a few years ago called The Vaults.

It's Bob Marley, Pete, Tosh, and Bunny Wailer when they were all really young. Most all of the songs are old style melodies. I didn't realize how many actually had been remixed by Bob that went mainstream with.

Soon Come, Natural Mystic, Lively up Yourself, etc...All old ska songs.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 07, 2008, 08:24:01 AM
I got a box set for Christmas a few years ago called The Vaults.

It's Bob Marley, Pete, Tosh, and Bunny Wailer when they were all really young. Most all of the songs are old style melodies. I didn't realize how many actually had been remixed by Bob that went mainstream with.

Soon Come, Natural Mystic, Lively up Yourself, etc...All old ska songs.

~Brian

I almost saw Bunny Wailer in my teens.  He was somewhere way up north on an Indian Reservation. 

3 o'clock roadblock is a great jam.  I hate when people bust out "Legend".   :confused:   Babylon by bus is my fav.  I love live stuff.   :thumbs:

Flynbyu

Pete Tosh is awesome. It's crazy the only one still living of the three is Bunny Wailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTf2C2N5OU&feature=related

Legalize it......One of his most popular songs.

~Brian

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 07, 2008, 08:35:43 AM
Pete Tosh is awesome. It's crazy the only one still living of the three is Bunny Wailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTf2C2N5OU&feature=related

Legalize it......One of his most popular songs.

~Brian

Don't criticize it.  You should try it.  You might like it.   :thumbs:

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

I was bummed when Bob's mom died.  I loved listening to her talk.  RIP Cecelia Booker.   :(

Mmmmm ganja.  I once rolled a joint that was so big I used five papers.  Two long, two wide, and one in the middle for support.   :thumbs:

Flynbyu

When I got married in Jamaica, We took a trip to Nine Mile and went to Bob's burial place. I've even laid my head on Bob's rock. Truly an awesome experience.

Mother B was said to have been in Nine Mile, but was not there when I was there.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 07, 2008, 08:53:46 AM
When I got married in Jamaica, We took a trip to Nine Mile and went to Bob's burial place. I've even laid my head on Bob's rock. Truly an awesome experience.

Mother B was said to have been in Nine Mile, but was not there when I was there.

~Brian

I'm bowing right now.  You, my friend, have been to mecca.  Damn. 

Cold ground was my bed last night, and rock was my pillow too-oooohhhh-ooooh.

Colorado700R

Friday Morning Motovation http://music-videos.grouchymedia.com/2008/01/bombing-big-jam.html

Think a B-52 is an easy kill for a fighter?  Think again  :grin_nod:

Flynbyu

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 07, 2008, 08:57:13 AM

~Brian

Nine Mile is a very cool place to visit. There are Bob Marly Museums all over Jamaica, but Nine Mile is the shiz. To see his home, his burial site, to lay your head on his rock, it's awesome.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 07, 2008, 09:08:42 AM

~Brian

Nine Mile is a very cool place to visit. There are Bob Marly Museums all over Jamaica, but Nine Mile is the shiz. To see his home, his burial site, to lay your head on his rock, it's awesome.

~Brian

That's totally where I would go too.  Have you read "Catch a Fire"?  Great book.   :thumbs:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: Krandall on November 07, 2008, 09:29:26 AM
Mmmmmmm Foxy Sauce

Done....Done again.....still going....done......done, done, and done

Flynbyu

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 07, 2008, 09:17:35 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 07, 2008, 09:08:42 AM

~Brian

~Brian

That's totally where I would go too.  Have you read "Catch a Fire"?  Great book.   :thumbs:

No, I haven't.

I'm not a big fan of books, it's just to hard for me to read with my goofy ass work schedule.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum