Obama the NEW President and YOUR thoughts on it.

Started by Gunz, November 05, 2008, 07:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

Outta respect for Socal and his post. What are your thoughts on Obama being the new President? What do you think he will have accomplished in his 4 years of Presidency? Where do you think the US will be economically? Do you think government will continue to step into private companys and try to bail them out? Do you think his tax plan, gun plan, abortion stand, oil plan, war plan will work out for Americans? Seriously are worried or not? Educated answers would be great.

I'm personally wishy-washy on him being President. One minute I'm like this is gona work, the next I piss my pants a little. What was it 120million votes and he won by 7million? Thats a big divide by the general public. I hope Obama keeps that in mind. What do you guys think?

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

exentix

i may be too young to take seriously, BUT i think that he will stick to his word, improve the economy, it may not be during his time in office, but i think he will get the things needed to get it fixed ready. i really like that he is concerned with the middle class too. IMHO, i think he is the better choice in the long run (meaning for my generation and after too)

kyledvor61

I dont agree with his war policy, america doesnt pull out 8)

thats about it

Gunz

Dude its really going to be hard to pull out. It would literally destroy that country and put it into a civil war.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

He certainly has a ton to prove...but attitude has shifted and that is where we need to start :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

fire raptor

interesting, tonight Carl Rove said some things that make a lot of sense. President Elect Obama will start in the morning being briefed on the world as we do not know it. When he sits down and learns things that he had no idea existed his whole world will change. He will become privvy to top secret information and will have to make decisions based on that info. he can not tell any one but his staff why and how he will make those decisions. It is very interesting perspective that he may have to change some of his preconceptions based on what he learns between now and when he takes office.

Peelz

Quote from: fire raptor on November 05, 2008, 07:38:55 PM
interesting, tonight Carl Rove said some things that make a lot of sense. President Elect Obama will start in the morning being briefed on the world as we do not know it. When he sits down and learns things that he had no idea existed his whole world will change. He will become privvy to top secret information and will have to make decisions based on that info. he can not tell any one but his staff why and how he will make those decisions. It is very interesting perspective that he may have to change some of his preconceptions based on what he learns between now and when he takes office.

to be sure. But... you can't tell me anybody voted for Bush because he knew alot either.  :rolleyes:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Although that is a true statement, it also a bit misleading.  With my job, I am privy to some of the "issues".  My guess is this will not be a revelation to him, just vastly more detailed then the information he's seen. Senators usually get pretty good info already.  They're at my work all the time being briefed, They could at least bring doughnuts  :mad:

fire raptor

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 05, 2008, 07:44:11 PM

Although that is a true statement, it also a bit misleading.  With my job, I am privy to some of the National Defense issues.  My guess is this will not be a revelation to him, just vastly more detailed then the information he's seen. Senators usually get pretty good info already.  They're at my work all the time being briefed, They could at least bring doughnuts  :mad:
Just quoting the Architect.And as for the doughnuts, they are Senators not cops!!!!

Colorado700R

Quote from: fire raptor on November 05, 2008, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on November 05, 2008, 07:44:11 PM

Although that is a true statement, it also a bit misleading.  With my job, I am privy to some of the "issues".  My guess is this will not be a revelation to him, just vastly more detailed then the information he's seen. Senators usually get pretty good info already.  They're at my work all the time being briefed, They could at least bring doughnuts  :mad:
Just quoting the Architect.And as for the doughnuts, they are Senators not cops!!!!

My stomach doesn't care about their profession

Gunz

Quote from: Peels660 on November 05, 2008, 07:43:01 PM

to be sure. But... you can't tell me anybody voted for Bush because he knew alot either.  :rolleyes:

He was 2nd Bush. I bet he knew more then the average winning candidate, but I get your point.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

fire raptor

off topic. If your are protecting our butts PM your address and I will send you a dozen Krispy Kremes of your choice!!!!

1FST690

I have some mixed emotions about the president elect. I do not think that either president was a good choise for president, it saddens me that out of 200 million people this is the best we get to choose from. I don not agree with either side on very many issues. I hope that he can turn the economy around although I dont think he can any better than any other candidate. We are in for a long uphill battle imho. One thing I can forsee is that I dont think he will be able to raise taxes like he would like to ( I know what he says but look at every other Democratic President, they all say they wont raise taxes and they all do to pay for the spending they propose. You cant squeeze blood from a turnip) because I truly dont think the american public or the economy could handle that. One thing that I pray for is that I don lose my right to hunt o provide food for my family ( harveste game accouts for about 50% of our meat and home grown beef makes up the rest) I also pray that in the end of 4 years I will still be able to enjoy the great outdoors. When Clinton was in office he designated a parcell of land as a wilderness area a few mile outside of the town I live in. About a year later a thunderstorm rolled through and lightning caused a forest fire. Because it had been designated a wilderness area, the exhisting roads within the area couldnt be used to put out the approx. 200 acre fire. By the time it was all said and done it had burned about 18,500 acres, almost the entire "wilderness area". I absolutly believe in conservation and keep our earth healthy for generations to come, it saddens me greatly to watch 10 of thousands of forest land burn to the ground, destroying deer, elk, cougar, bobcat, not to mention the bird and rodent habiat because the government says you cant drive in there under any circumstance period. My last thought on this is that finally the democrats will not have anyone to blame but themselves because the control the senate, house, presidency and withina few years the supreme court. For the record I do not hold a political party alliance. I try to vote for the most qualified and the better leader of the 2 choices I am given.

Frank
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

Gunz

I have not heard about him closing up our land yet. Having family in Kenya or wherever, it might not be an issue this time around. Considering their land is wide open. Am I right or wrong? :dunno:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

fire raptor

if we do not get things flowing in the right direction with home mortgages he may need that land for the homeless.