Places to ride out west?

Started by Livingmylife93, October 28, 2008, 06:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

Me and my dad are planning a vacation out west this summer. All we want to do is ride.

-We where thinking the Utah area (Moab?)
-No dunes
-we will be there for 6 days (10 day total vacation, 4 days driving) so there has to be a good bit of riding
-Places to stay within an hour or two

Maybe one place to stay, with a riding area within a half hour, then just drive an hour or two once we are done with the first place and go check somewhere else out.

Where have you guys been that you liked/reccomend?

Colorado700R

Moab Utah and the Grand Junction Colorado area have a huge amount of trails and riding areas.  russ lives in GJ, send him a PM about local riding and accommodations  :thumbs:

russ-russ

It all depends on what you are looking for.  Why no dunes?  You should also check with Air (Rusty) and TRXOutlawz (Chuck) for Utah riding.  Also look up the Paiute Trail area, hundreds of miles of atv trails in southern Utah.

Livingmylife93

Quote from: russ on October 28, 2008, 07:44:58 PM
It all depends on what you are looking for.  Why no dunes?  You should also check with Air (Rusty) and TRXOutlawz (Chuck) for Utah riding.  Also look up the Paiute Trail area, hundreds of miles of atv trails in southern Utah.

Ok thanks.

No dunes because my dad has a grizzly 350, wouldnt be much fun for him... And im not buying paddles

Peelz

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on October 29, 2008, 02:44:10 PM
Quote from: russ on October 28, 2008, 07:44:58 PM

Ok thanks.

No dunes because my dad has a grizzly 350, wouldnt be much fun for him... And im not buying paddles

dunes are fun regardless...just saying. But, if trails are what you want Paiute trails some of the best in the country.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

fire raptor

So-cal and the desert area is hotter than a mofu in the summer. advantage no crowds.

Livingmylife93

I want to stay on topic, but will i have to worry about the heat on the engine?

Maybe i should change to engine ice?

Colorado700R

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on October 29, 2008, 07:41:51 PM

Nope you should be just fine as-is  :thumbs:

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on October 29, 2008, 07:45:08 PM
Quote from: Livingmylife93 on October 29, 2008, 07:41:51 PM

Nope you should be just fine as-is  :thumbs:

+1

Engine ice just runs a few degrees cooler, not a huge difference. I use it though.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Bert

Livingmylife93

Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia

Peelz

Quote from: Livingmylife93 on October 30, 2008, 07:31:57 PM
Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia

that is a long haul to not check out the dunes

Livingmylife93

We probably will lol...
23 hour drive  ::)

Colorado700R

Hmmm, how bout trails and sand?  Walden would be good for 1 day stop on your trip  :thumbs:

Livingmylife93

Moab sounds liek the winner, i want to stay somewhere close to there, and make that our main focus. And then visit other places around there.

So what am i looking at here? lol