Started by Flynbyu, October 27, 2008, 04:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 11:07:57 AM
Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 11:07:17 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 11:05:46 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:42:22 AM
War strips faith?

I'm sure 90% of our forces that are deployed now having nothing but faith left.

~Brian

There are no athiests in foxholes for sure, but that doesn't equal faith my friend.  When you go to war you believe GERD has a purpose for all, when you see war you cannot help but doubt any purpose.  

I hope that makes sense, becuase I have allot of friends that struggle with the same things.  It's not that we don't want to believe, quite the opposite honestly, we are extremely Jealous of those who can understand and feel gods love.  Unfortunately, our haunting memories will not grant us peace to see it.

When you were raised Catholic and broken #6 on the ten Commandments, salvation seems like a fantasy  :(

Aaron

I was an atheist in a foxhole.   :confused:

You are an oddity my friend  :thumbs:

I actually had Rastafarian on my dog tags.   :lol:   Seriously though, it wasn't something that I announced to everybody in my unit.  Unfortunately, atheists are discriminated against.  I bet if asked privately you'd be surprised at the answer you get.

Colorado700R

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 11:13:24 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

There are no athiests in foxholes for sure, but that doesn't equal faith my friend.  When you go to war you believe GERD has a purpose for all, when you see war you cannot help but doubt any purpose.  

I hope that makes sense, becuase I have allot of friends that struggle with the same things.  It's not that we don't want to believe, quite the opposite honestly, we are extremely Jealous of those who can understand and feel gods love.  Unfortunately, our haunting memories will not grant us peace to see it.

When you were raised Catholic and broken #6 on the ten Commandments, salvation seems like a fantasy  :(

Aaron

I actually had Rastafarian on my dog tags.   :lol:   Seriously though, it wasn't something that I announced to everybody in my unit.  Unfortunately, atheists are discriminated against.  I bet if asked privately you'd be surprised at the answer you get.

I guess it was diffrent for me, I had faith, then saw it ripped from me.  Whereas you never had it to lose.

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 11:15:47 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

I guess it was diffrent for me, I had faith, then saw it ripped from me.  Whereas you never had it to lose.

I almost went to bible college man.  Casey Treat's Christian Faith Center in Seattle.  I've been on both sides. 

socalrappy700

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 11:19:56 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 11:15:47 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

I almost went to bible college man.  Casey Treat's Christian Faith Center in Seattle.  I've been on both sides. 

same here, just reversed.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

you have a much harsher reason for being that way. :(  I just had questions and concerns that weren't answered when I was a small child, and still cannot be answered to satisfy my agnostic tendencies. I do not consider myself atheist though. Invisible deities just do nothing for me. :confused:  I do question myself when I look at my children though....  :thumbs: Blind Faith doesn't compute for me. Sometimes, I wish it would. Then I could just say what everyone else says around here: "well, that's is just the way it is..because the bible says so."   :rolleyes: (a book written by humans...which was the original source of my problem)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Peels660 on November 04, 2008, 11:21:41 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

you have a much harsher reason for being that way. :(  I just had questions and concerns that weren't answered when I was a small child, and still cannot be answered to satisfy my agnostic tendencies. I do not consider myself atheist though. Invisible deities just do nothing for me. :confused:  I do question myself when I look at my children though....  :thumbs: Blind Faith doesn't compute for me. Sometimes, I wish it would. Then I could just say what everyone else says around here: "well, that's is just the way it is..because the bible says so."   :rolleyes: (a book written by humans...which was the original source of my problem)

Don't get me started on the bible...

I just gave you a karma bump.  You're welcome.   ;)

socalrappy700

We can back away from the Bible, that one may hit a few nerves.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 11:33:58 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

grazi' favor returned

Agreed this could go too far, while I am not a faithful person, I still do not like to disrespect those that are.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 11:37:11 AM
We can back away from the Bible, that one may hit a few nerves.

Ya think?  That was me taking the high road.  But I could also return the favor to all the other ones too.   :grin_nod:

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Peels660 on November 04, 2008, 11:38:30 AM
Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 11:33:58 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

grazi' favor returned

Agreed this could go too far, while I am not a faithful person, I still do not like to disrespect those that are.  :thumbs:

Exactly.  I conduct myself professionally.  It's not my business to insult people.  I'm not one to argue with believers and pick fights.  I just live my life and be awesome.   :thumbs:

Flynbyu

Thank GERD "Thou shalt not visit Thailand" was not in the Ten Commandments for Aaron.

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 11:48:35 AM
Thank GERD "Thou shalt not visit Thailand" was not in the Ten Commandments for Aaron.

~Brian

My struggles with faith is a puchline to you?

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 11:48:35 AM

~Brian

My struggles with faith is a puchline to you?

Totally.    :lol:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

LittleBuddha