Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XV

Started by Flynbyu, October 27, 2008, 04:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynbyu

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 10:44:02 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on November 04, 2008, 10:42:22 AM
War strips faith?

I'm sure 90% of our forces that are deployed now having nothing but faith left.

~Brian

I lost GERD on the highway of death. 

Imagine how Christians felt during the Crusades.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:44:58 AM
On the flip side I have always wondered if war has shaped Scotts view on faith.  Hard to see GERD through the things they've seen.

Ding ding ding.  We have a winner.  Google image "highway of death". 

socalrappy700

Seeing that will be the hardest thing to understand through faith.  But Scott is in my prayers everyday.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:49:11 AM
Seeing that will be the hardest thing to understand through faith.  But Scott is in my prayers everyday.

You think about me when you're touchin' it too.  Don't forget that.   ;)

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:49:11 AM

Oh yeah, thanks too.    :thumbs:

socalrappy700

No, just your wife.  For me its as simple as if I'm wrong we both will live a good life and have some great times together and spend the rest of time seeing who could feed more worms.  But if I'm right I would be going to heaven without a very close friend, and that is something I'm not ready to accept yet.  
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 10:54:47 AM
No, just your wife.  For me its as simple as if I'm wrong we both will live a good life and have some great times together and spend the rest of time seeing who could feed more worms.  But if I'm right I would be going to heaven without a very close friend, and that is something I'm not ready to accept yet.  

I live a good life.  I just don't feel the need to grovel to some invisible sky daddy that never gave me a choice yet gave me free will.  I love my children more than anything in the world and I couldn't possibly imagine sending them to hell for all eternity for ANYTHING.  We're all GERD's kids right?  Well, except the dirty arabs.   :lol:

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Peels660 on November 04, 2008, 11:03:30 AM
I'll feed some worms with ya' Buddha! :lol:

You're good people Peels.  We're there.   :thumbs:

Colorado700R

War strips faith?

~Brian

There are no athiests in foxholes for sure, but that doesn't equal faith my friend.  When you go to war you believe GERD has a purpose for all, when you see war you cannot help but doubt any purpose.  

I hope that makes sense, becuase I have allot of friends that struggle with the same things.  It's not that we don't want to believe, quite the opposite honestly, we are extremely Jealous of those who can understand and feel gods love.  Unfortunately, our haunting memories will not grant us peace to see it.

When you were raised Catholic and broken #6 on the ten Commandments, salvation seems like a fantasy  :(

Aaron

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on November 04, 2008, 11:03:09 AM
Like I said, I pray for you everyday.

I appreciate that, I really do.  I love you too.   :thumbs:

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 11:05:46 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

There are no athiests in foxholes for sure, but that doesn't equal faith my friend.  When you go to war you believe GERD has a purpose for all, when you see war you cannot help but doubt any purpose.  

I hope that makes sense, becuase I have allot of friends that struggle with the same things.  It's not that we don't want to believe, quite the opposite honestly, we are extremely Jealous of those who can understand and feel gods love.  Unfortunately, our haunting memories will not grant us peace to see it.

When you were raised Catholic and broken #6 on the ten Commandments, salvation seems like a fantasy  :(

Aaron

I was an atheist in a foxhole.   :confused:

Colorado700R

Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 11:07:17 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

You are an oddity my friend  :thumbs:

LittleBuddha

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 04, 2008, 11:07:57 AM
Quote from: LittleBuddha on November 04, 2008, 11:07:17 AM
War strips faith?

~Brian

Aaron

You are an oddity my friend  :thumbs:

Truer words were never spoken.   :thumbs: